Forum Upgrade Today - Downtime

Jeff

We will begin the forum upgrade in a few hours. It is safe to assume that any post made here after 5pm Eastern Time, may not carry over.

This is a re-post (and some minor edits) of what I mentioned previously in the update your email thread....

THERE WILL BE SOME DOWNTIME AND GROWING PAINS.

There will also be some time for me to get the current GT Supporters status updated, as we have been using an incompatible method for that. (I need to revert each member back, then manually create an invoice, and "subscription" to get things going.) It is kind of clunky to get going, but will be a nice change and more automated moving forward. I will get everybody fixed up in a day or two, it just won't happen automatically through the upgrade process.

In addition to updating the forum, we're changing physical hosts, which means DNS propagation delays, and even though there is a temp site that I can access, any changes I make (to make it feel like home) will be wiped out during the update, so I can't even do that. To top it all, due to the way DNS propagates, there is a high probability that you may have access to the new site before I do :lol

If it looks generic, but the posts and people look familiar, you're good to go, until I can get in and edit things :)

One thing to note, I will change the URL from forum.greytalk.com to just greytalk.com, we'll drop the subdomain, it's just cleaner that way moving forward, though it will break all the search engine links. I'll forward forum.greytalk.com to greytalk.com so you'll get there, but you'll want to update your bookmarks in all your devices. This will probably mean your login cookies won't work, so if you haven't ensured your email address is correct and that you know your password, this is your last chance.

The whole upgrade process will take several hours, and DNS can take up to 24 hours, which means some people will be directed here (in limbo), and others to the new site until it propagates everywhere.

See you on the other side. Fun times!

large.greyhound_signature.gif

thanks for all your hard work, Jeff! :kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

But the important question is: What's on the smoker while you're doing this? :bgeorge:chow

Thanks for all you do!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

See you soon :goodluck Thank you!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• Jeff locked this topic