Not To Mention Any Names Yet But......

It's still breakfast hours at the McFry place here.  And it's going to be 116 degrees today.  Fries here may have to wait until the sun goes down before we can go and get them. The girls will get their fries though! :chow

Petunia says she is waiting "With bait on her breath."

Kate says "Just wake me up when the fries get here, I don't need all the hoopla...":lol  That's Kate. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Val is a “take it or leave it” kind of girl with the fry’s, so we may wait until later in the week when it cools down :lol to 110. 
Conner would have already started drooling. I miss that boy.

Edited by Remolacha

13 minutes ago, Remolacha said:

Val is a “take it or leave it” kind of girl with the fry’s, so we may wait until later in the week when it cools down :lol to 110. 
Conner would have already started drooling. I miss that boy.

Oh he might be at the Bridge but I just know he is enjoying this :beatheart.

55 minutes ago, Time4ANap said:

It's still breakfast hours at the McFry place here.  And it's going to be 116 degrees today.  Fries here may have to wait until the sun goes down before we can go and get them. The girls will get their fries though! :chow

Petunia says she is waiting "With bait on her breath."

Kate says "Just wake me up when the fries get here, I don't need all the hoopla...":lol  That's Kate. 

Nothing wrong with that. I'm betting Rocket would agree that it will be easier to eat more fries if your not frying along with them! Besides, what could be better than going to Sleepy Town with a belly 'full' of fries?:beatheart

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2020/07/13/mcdonalds-free-fries-fry-day-not-canceled-deals-kfc-checkers/5421825002/

National French Fry Day 2020: Get free fries at McDonald's and deals at Burger King, KFC, Checkers on Monday

There are contests Monday, too. The Idaho Potato Commission is giving away $100 Visa gift card, an air fryer and other prizesThe Great American Takeout and Heinz are holding a ketchup art sweepstakes.

Fry Day 2020 deals and freebies

The following discounts and offers available at participating locations Monday, July 13 unless otherwise noted. Offers can vary and most times are offered while supplies last. To be on the safe side, always check with your closest location before heading out.

Beef 'O' Brady's: Get a free basket of fries with a $10 purchase Monday.

BurgerFi: Get half-price double cheeseburgers with an in-store purchase of a regular-sized French fries Monday. Then Tuesday through July 17, get free regular-sized fries with any purchase ordered on the BurgerFi app.

Burger King: Find several offers including $1 large fries on the BK app. App specials are listed at www.bk.com/offers.

Carl’s Jr.: Newsletter subscribers received an email with a coupon for free large fries with purchase of a Thickburger Monday. Sign up for future emails at www.carlsjr.com.Checkers: Get a small, medium or large order of fries for $1 Monday. You can also get free fries for joining the chain's text messaging program. Text SNACK to 88001 to sign up or sign up online at www.checkers.com/flavorhood. Farmer Boys: Get fries for $1 with any purchase made after 2 p.m. Monday.Fatburger: Get a free order of Skinny or Fat Fries with any purchase of $20 or more made on Postmates Monday through July 19.

Checkers: Get a small, medium or large order of fries for $1 Monday. You can also get free fries for joining the chain's text messaging program. Text SNACK to 88001 to sign up or sign up online at www.checkers.com/flavorhood

Farmer Boys: Get fries for $1 with any purchase made after 2 p.m. Monday.

Fatburger: Get a free order of Skinny or Fat Fries with any purchase of $20 or more made on Postmates Monday through July 19.

Hardee's: Newsletter subscribers received an email with a coupon for free large fries with purchase of a Thickburger Monday. Sign up for future emails at www.hardees.com.

KFC: To celebrate National French Fry Day and the permanent addition of its new Secret Recipe Fries to the menu at all U.S. restaurants, the fast food chain is offering individual orders of fries for 30 cents with any purchase Monday, according to a news release.

McDonald's: Get a free medium fries Monday with the McDonald's app. No purchase is necessary but there's a limit of one offer per customer. Access the deal using the app's "Mobile Order & Pay" feature or scan the deal code from the app at the restaurant, drive thru or kiosk.

Rally's: Get a small, medium or large order of fries for $1 Monday. Get free fries with any purchase when you join the Flavorhood program at www.rallys.com/flavorhood.

Smashburger: Get a free side of signature Smash Fries with the purchase of any double burger Monday.

Steak 'n Shake: For a limited time, participating restaurants are giving away free small orders of fries. There’s a limit of one order of free fries per person, the Indianapolis-based restaurant’s website notes.

Taco John's: The chain is giving away free small orders of Potato Olés Monday. Redeem the offer in Taco John's mobile app

Wendy's: The fast food chain has various deals on its app and current offers include $1 off a large fries with a mobile order. Download the app at www.wendys.com.

White Castle: Get a free small French fries in-restaurant, online or via the White Castle app Monday or with this coupon. No purchase is necessary, according to the coupon.

More deals: Locally owned businesses and regional chains also may have specials for National French Fry Day. One of the easiest ways to find out is to check restaurants' social media channels.

Well, it is a lovely 79 degrees here in Maryland, so Ivy and Cherry had their french fries out on the deck.

"Please Mom, can I have one?

107563127_996389687492884_6141371653392092835_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=NvBhS1TTeAQAX-rJ7IH&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=ad98f7807376f3143ba265c5e563c928&oe=5F313E70

Ivy, anticipating the first french fry:

108007052_996389734159546_1391153913512461312_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=t_FXlbCCmeYAX_nW1RZ&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=e2a223b91b2727a680cfa8846edaa0fc&oe=5F3227DC

Cherry had to chomp on it right away:

107792264_996389714159548_5988698072684339014_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=FrJwh1ZWeCMAX_9Df9_&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=ad7d72de7b9cea184b018b6afb142c5d&oe=5F33046A

Ivy has a more delicate touch:

107570911_996389757492877_6020717530689956226_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=N3S3LgZRjUAAX8BQOQy&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=85ab71c79691ca2adf42d091b299bb0d&oe=5F310B5E

They enjoyed the whole (1/2) container of fries!  :chow 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

1 minute ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

Well, it is a lovely 79 degrees here in Maryland, so Ivy and Cherry had their french fries out on the deck.

"Please Mom, can I have one?

107563127_996389687492884_6141371653392092835_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=NvBhS1TTeAQAX-rJ7IH&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=ad98f7807376f3143ba265c5e563c928&oe=5F313E70

Ivy, anticipating the first french fry:

108007052_996389734159546_1391153913512461312_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=t_FXlbCCmeYAX_nW1RZ&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=e2a223b91b2727a680cfa8846edaa0fc&oe=5F3227DC

Cherry had to chomp on it right away:

107792264_996389714159548_5988698072684339014_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=FrJwh1ZWeCMAX_9Df9_&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=ad7d72de7b9cea184b018b6afb142c5d&oe=5F33046A

Ivy has a more delicate touch:

107570911_996389757492877_6020717530689956226_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=N3S3LgZRjUAAX8BQOQy&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=85ab71c79691ca2adf42d091b299bb0d&oe=5F310B5E

They enjoyed the whole (1/2) container of fries!  :chow 

Those are some nice fries and you can tell they were greatly enjoyed!!!!! Looks delicious :chow:gh_bowIvy's was focused on the fry, thats for sure and Cherry knows just what to do with them-chomp on them before they get away! And then of course Ivy eats them like the lady she is. Thanks so much for the pictures! They are greyt!

The campers are still sleeping but the aroma of fries warming up will get this party started. We picked up the fries last night in case, you know, there was a shortage today. 

BRB :rollin

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Ivy and Cherry - way to go!  

I'd be pretty sure that Rocket and Conner are hanging out together at The Bridge today overseeing this event.  I can just hear their comments now. :lol

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzXl_Dw7nfw

Cletus grabbing the fry from under Punkin's planted foot :lol Thanks Rocket :kiss2 miss you man

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

31 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzXl_Dw7nfw

Cletus grabbing the fry from under Punkin's planted foot :lol Thanks Rocket :kiss2 miss you man

Cletus appears to have the art of fry-vacuuming down. :rotfl

On 4/16/2019 at 7:33 AM, Mercsmom said:

Ooooh! Those are the best! with horsey sauce! :chow

But, seriously, in honor of Rocket.... anything. :heart

Like I said, Anything for Rocket.💚💜💙

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

1 hour ago, Time4ANap said:

I'd be pretty sure that Rocket and Conner are hanging out together at The Bridge today overseeing this event.  I can just hear their comments now. :lol

I am sure they are :wub: 

Well, the temp finally dropped to about 107 when the sun went down, so Dad made the french fry run.  The girls were thrilled, ad Petunia was looking for the bag as soon as I walked in the door. 

Petunia Eyeing the next fry:

2HGjwhZ.jpg

Score!

9WpKg0O.jpg

Kate politely taking a fry (note - being served in bed) 

QmEGX2H.jpg

The blur that is Kate eating a fry::lol

Mn1QWsZ.jpg

Hope every one had a great Fry Day!  Rocket would be proud.   

And just for old time's sake, The Boy doing what he did best. 

XfoKd9D.jpg

Well I'm sorry my pictures  are not better but they ate them so fast all I could get from Turbo was a quick snap and Reba had almost inhaled all of them before I could get pics. Octane got the most fries because he is after all Octane first and a greyhound second and he was not on a diet! So I did get 2 decent pics of him. I am so happy this turned out so great and we had some fun. It was needed on this end. God bless our hounds. Rocket, THANK YOU so much for being a most extraordinary Master of Ceremony and God bless you too. Thanks everyone for this happy celebration. We love you.

FFO1.jpg

18 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

The campers are still sleeping but the aroma of fries warming up will get this party started. We picked up the fries last night in case, you know, there was a shortage today. 

BRB :rollin

Greyt idea on being prepared in case of shortage! Nowadays it behooves a person or greyhound to be proactive like that!;)

17 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

:beatheart:beatheart

9 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

Well, the temp finally dropped to about 107 when the sun went down, so Dad made the french fry run.  The girls were thrilled, ad Petunia was looking for the bag as soon as I walked in the door. 

Petunia Eyeing the next fry:

2HGjwhZ.jpg

Score!

9WpKg0O.jpg

Kate politely taking a fry (note - being served in bed) 

QmEGX2H.jpg

The blur that is Kate eating a fry::lol

Mn1QWsZ.jpg

Hope every one had a great Fry Day!  Rocket would be proud.   

And just for old time's sake, The Boy doing what he did best. 

XfoKd9D.jpg

:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

I am a bit late to this party but I knew last Monday that we would be having a rare visit to one of our favourite chippies today. These are not quite fries but the British equivalent, and I can see that Buddy is getting into the spirit, and with very little coaxing

ps when the chip disappears upwards, this is Dan doing a temperature check to make sure it’s not too hot for his fur baby, and the high pitch giggle is me, sounding more like Delores Umbridge from Harry Potter with every passing day

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23