Not To Mention Any Names Yet But......

What a polite Hooooooover party, FiveRoooooers.

Polite, but quietly efficient.  Mature dogs know how to hoover it up without fuss.

Now I want a dog named Hoover.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reba and Octane, you scored too!  Somehow, I missed your fry pics yesterday. My brain is still getting used to the new look of the site, but somehow I did not see that perfect beg for fries!  Rocket would have been proud of that one!  

I miss that boy so much. There are just some things he did so predictably, like heading for the car whether he was invited on the ride or not, and drooling all over my leg when I had fries :lol

Petunia does not have the same "fry drive"  as Rocket.  She will very politely take one fry from me and go to her bed, eat it and go to sleep,  She never comes back for another.  We had to delay Petunia's fries due to a tummy issue, but she will get them when her tummy is feeling better. She has just completed the first round of Dr. Ng's modified Prison Protocol for hooks and we didn't want to upset her stomach any further since it's just now starting to get better. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I vote for "same channel/same station" next year on 'Rockets Fry Day'. I so enjoyed this remembrance -and so did the dogs!- and also some necessary business got completed e.g. the designation of the the Astro as the Starship.  Putting on my calandar for next year. Never forgotten: ROCKET:beatheart

• 1 year later...

America's favorite spud dish will be celebrated on July 13 for National French Fry DayIn 2019 we had such greyt fun remembering Rocket and celebrating with him which is how this thread started. I cannot say what the deal is with the difference in dates. I am clear about Rockets Spoil Your Hound Day in the fall and somehow I've wound up here on National FF Day with Rocket's blessing. Therefore I propose it is fitting to celebrate the 2020 Rocket's Fry Day on National French Fry Day on Monday the 13th.  The dogs will all be enjoying fries and honoring Rocket. Please join in the fun of celebrating the one and only Rocket hound. His spirit is still strong here with his GT friends :beatheart

103012917_3366797480006680_2317400840354883653_oSMALL.jpg

Rocket would approve and Petunia and Kate would love any excuse to have fries.  Is it wrong that Petunia recognizes the Whataburger bag? :lol

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Oh how happy that makes us!!!!!  IT'S ON!!!!!!!!! Spread the news far and wide.......FRENCH FRYs for the HOUNDIES because Rocket says so!!!!!!!!

Petunia, Whataburger bags are GOOD! Definitely not a problem. In fact we should share this info to more houndies! :pepper:banana

FRENCH FRIES!!!!!!!!  Senior hound Hero has been inducted into the cult

He likes em hot,   he likes em cold,   he likes em from the floor of the car 9 days old!!!

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

19 hours ago, DesiRayMom said:

FRENCH FRIES!!!!!!!!  Senior hound Hero has been inducted into the cult

He likes em hot,   he likes em cold,   he likes em from the floor of the car 9 days old!!!

Sounds like HERO is our kind of guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell him what Rocket has planned for him on FRENCH FRY DAY (Monday) ......then they will taste even better!! when FF Day finally gets here!!!!:flip:hehe:rivethead:gh_bow:chow:food

:yay    I just discovered this thread and was reading about April 20 and thought "Darn, I missed it!"    Now I see it is on July 13!  :yay       My two girls, Ivy and Cherry, will be thrilled!   I will mark my calendar to join in the fun!  fries.png 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Petunia and Kate are resting up for the event..  :lol

The campers are all :bow  we needed this. Thank you thank you.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:lol 

Milo ripped up the side upholstery on the driver's side to get at what I can only presume was a months' old french fry between the seats.  He'd probably been planning for months for when he would be left without human supervision to go for it.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

2 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

:lol 

Milo ripped up the side upholstery on the driver's side to get at what I can only presume was a months' old french fry between the seats.  He'd probably been planning for months for when he would be left without human supervision to go for it.  

Excellent nosework, Milo! :clap

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Is it wrong to admit none of our pups have ever eaten a French fry. Sorry Rocket, we must change this soon.   :colgate

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

IT's HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gh_bow:yay:cheers:banana:pepper

The day the houndies have been waiting on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chow:rivethead

THE 2020 ROCKET'S FRENCH FRY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confetti:ghplaybow:bounce1

Go dogs!!!!! Get some! Somebody get those houndies some french fries!!!! They NEED it!!!!!!!:food:ghplaybow:guns:flip:offwall:beatheart