Replacement For Fresh Factors Supplement

I've been giving Fresh Factors to my greys for quite awhile and have been happy with the result ... less so with the price as it seems to have crept up in price.

What is everyone else using as a supplement for an older dog - note that this would be for a seizure dog with IBD.

Springtime announced a price increase across their entire product line a few months ago. We plan to use the Fresh Factors and Joint Health for Petunia once we get the hookworms out of her. Right now she has too many tummy issues from the hookworms to start her on supplements, but we always saw great results with Rocket using those products, so will stick with them even at the higher price.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

People always say how soft my dog's coats are and they are on Fresh Factors as well as the Bug Off and Shine takes the joint supplement. In the scheme of things, I don't feel that the products are that expensive.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

My seniors get Costcos own Glucosamine/MSM supplement. It is 1500mg of each component in one scored pill. Two tablets per day, 375 in each bottle, at something like $16.95 each, and Costco often has coupons for $4 or $5 off. That, along with Fresh Factors for the most needy camper/s, has been great.

No punctuation when typing on your phone :flip

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

check out old fashioned NUPRO supplement. it has lots of good ingredients and chewy sells it. when i had 2 greyhounds i purchased the 5 gallon size. great coats, liver flavor and totally non-toxic. my first greyhound loved it so much that she opened the cabinet it was stored in, ate the cover off the container and binged! i called nupro, they informed me that a dog can not over dose. loose poop for a day or so and that was it!

https://www.nuprosupplements.com/nupro-dog-supplement.html

check out old fashioned NUPRO supplement. it has lots of good ingredients and chewy sells it. when i had 2 greyhounds i purchased the 5 gallon size. great coats, liver flavor and totally non-toxic. my first greyhound loved it so much that she opened the cabinet it was stored in, ate the cover off the container and binged! i called nupro, they informed me that a dog can not over dose. loose poop for a day or so and that was it!

https://www.nuprosupplements.com/nupro-dog-supplement.html

Seems like it has similar ingredients to the FreshFactors. Amazon also has it so I added it to my cart - I will try it when I use up the FreshFactors. Thanks!

I like the ingredients, but it looks like is does not come in a chew pill. I prefer something I can do the old down the hatch thing to be sure they get it.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I have a few extra Fresh Factor supplement bottles that I would be willing to give away to someone in the Milwaukee, WI area or could ship locally. Had some Grizzy Omega Health dog oil too that I wont be using for my grey. Might donate that to a local humane society...

Spring cleaning.

I will pay for shipping if no one is near you.:)

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

• 4 weeks later...

Fresh Factors are one of the best supplements I have ever used. I can't tell you how much it has helped my dogs over many years and how many more happy years it gave them. I don't care how much it goes up I will continue to use them. FF are like a miracle. I also will continue using THEIR quality garlic granules as it is amazing how well it repels ticks.  In fact I feel the same about their human garlic now. I also use the skin & coat oil as it helps prevent allergy issues. Thanks again for the tip Time4ANap.

6 hours ago, racindog said:

Fresh Factors are one of the best supplements I have ever used. I can't tell you how much it has helped my dogs over many years and how many more happy years it gave them. I don't care how much it goes up I will continue to use them. FF are like a miracle. I also will continue using THEIR quality garlic granules as it is amazing how well it repels ticks.  In fact I feel the same about their human garlic now. I also use the skin & coat oil as it helps prevent allergy issues. Thanks again for the tip Time4ANap.

can you actually tell me about the human garlic? you don't get bit by ticks, fleas..? do you release an odor when you sweat?

i've tried the garlic for walter & ernie with extreme reservation and then kind of stopped. you use it on your greys?

7218108076_e406044464_t.jpg 7004700518_27fa752995_t.jpg Walter (Windy Walker) and Ernie (PG Ernest) @WalterWallerson and IG: WalterandErnie 7150803233_d0700ccbdc_t.jpg 7004711314_ceba54665a_t.jpg

Yep. Been using it on many greys for 8 -10 years. No I don't smell hehe not that a human can smell anyway hehe However I have far fewer ticks get on me when I take garlic. It is good for you anyway. The insecticide part is just an extra bonus :) And BTW I am a fanatic about what goes into my animals.  Raw food; NO chemical spot ons or nothing; minimal vaccinations  etc. the whole mother hen thing. I have also found Preventic tick collars to be safe and effective on hounds and others as well. It will kill the ticks before they attach where as many of the chemical ones require the tick to actually bite first I think.