Rear Leg Amputation Harness

Hi all, too much to go into right now but a quick question What have you found to be the best harness to use for rear end stability after rear leg amputation? I will explain everything but right now I need to get working on this.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

The Ruffwear Webmaster harness is good, and, I think, what many of us have used.

{{{hugs}}}

Edited by greysmom

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Another vote for the Ruffwear Webmaster, I tried the Help em Up harness but the back part (which is detachable) that fits just ahead of the back legs was uncomfortable. Might have been OK when the healing was complete, and it may also be that YMMV.

Also liked the Assistance Harness on Etsy from GodsGreyts. Sometimes something softer than the Ruffwear harness is in order, and this one fit the bill for us - it can be worn overnight if needed. As the name suggests, it is more of an assistance though, and doesn't offer the control and support of the Webmaster.

I found harnesses more of a challenge with a front amp because most depend on two front legs to keep them centered, so with only one front leg, harnesses tend to slide down on the side you are walking on, because of the leash. You don't have to worry about that with a rear amp.

I am so sorry you are going through this again Robin! :grouphug

another vote for Ruffwear webmaster- felix wore one for the last 4 months of his life 24/7. our winter apt. in texas had a flight of stairs, he was up and down it who knows how many times a day. we did try on a major assistance harness both rear and front harness, this was easier and far more comfortable and it can be left on. it washes up beautifully. a50084407_2209463119072992_70717102532591

Edited by cleptogrey

Agree with TBHounds about snaps on both sides - currently the dog must step in on one side. We were fortunate in having a friend who was able to modify the harness to add a snap on the step in side. This is a good thing to do if you know anyone who might be able to help you.

i just placed the leg in first then which meant lifting it 1" from the ground then raised the harness up and over the head, no problems.the brush guard might just make the harness to warm as the weather warms up.

i am selling felix's, contact me if you want to try it on- size large. i''m just over the whitestone/throggs neck bridge in westchester county.

Edited by cleptogrey