Gabapentin And Rimadyl

Ruby has had a long week. Sunday she took a Bambi on Ice spill and could not get herself back up. I ran to her and held her back end up until she steadied herself. She seemed fine after that, with a small walk to the mailbox and back. No limping, no other signs of injury. By evening she was randomly crying out. Monday morning we took her to the vet, who said her neck has no range of motion, and her kidney felt "large and spotty". She gave us Gabapentin and took labs to check her kidney function.

Call back from the vet that evening, and she said kidney labs were a tad high (hers have always been) and she felt it was OK to go ahead with the Rimadyl. We started it the next morning. She then seemed happy and was even taking small dashes around the back yard. Tail was wagging, she was eating well.

Then 2 nights ago she peed on the floor in the middle of the night. We didn't think anything of it, as we had a bit of a lightening storm that evening, and I thought maybe she was frightened when she went out. Last night she peed again. She sleeps in the room across the hall from me, and she can get up to wake me, but she didn't. She has a few times, so I know she knows where I am.

So my question is, is this the Gabapentin ? We have a call into the vet, but that may take all day, or until tomorrow. If it is the Gabapentin, is there something else to try, or is the Rimadyl enough at this point ?

We honestly thought that we would be putting her down last Wednesday, but with the meds she perked back up.

Thank you for any help and ideas.

Karen

Peeing has never been an issue on my dogs on gabapentin.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Beka has been on Gabapentin (with Rimadyl) for the last 4 months since her amputation surgery and she has not had a peeing accident.

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

I wonder if the rimadyl is upsetting her tummy. Sometimes when their tummies are upset they will drink more.

Interesting. She is on Famotidine for vomiting randomly for the last year. Tonight she threw up, and has been siphoning water down like crazy. I had no idea that Rimadyl would cause stomach issues. GAH.........

The vet did call back and said to cut the Gabapentin down to 1/2 a day.

Karen

Interesting. She is on Famotidine for vomiting randomly for the last year. Tonight she threw up, and has been siphoning water down like crazy. I had no idea that Rimadyl would cause stomach issues. GAH.........

The vet did call back and said to cut the Gabapentin down to 1/2 a day.

Better to increase the gabapentin and cut the rimadyl

Better to increase the gabapentin and cut the rimadyl

What to do , what to do......

thank you all. Last night she woke up in the wee hours of the morning needing to pee, so out she went. We did watch her tank up on water all day yesterday, so that has got to be the problem.

Karen