Kirkland Signature Mature Formula

Has anyone tried this? I hadn't noticed it until recently.

We have an almost 14 year old who is no longer tolerating her regular kibble well so thought I'd give this a try. Testing hasn't turned up anything yet and I'm reluctant to subject her to another bunch of tests if it's just age related.

Thanks!

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

We have not, but Kirkland seems to be generally well tolerated and liked by most greyhounds. Worst case you can maybe donate the open bag to your adoption group (or local shelter) if she doesn't do well on it.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Bella :heart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

fortunately costco will take it back if she doesn't like it. have you looked into any of the purina bright mind senior foods? a friend was amazed at the results(she's a vet). at 14 bella is entitled to eat anything she wants: yams, boiled ground turkey, potatoes, rice Krispies(they love the taste) cheerios, etc...just throw in a vitamin pill and let her party! kudos to you! how nice to hear about a nice old gal.

She's doing really quite well in many respects and it's a matter of what will agree with her, not what she will eat, since she would happily scarf down anything offered :)

When I had started looking for "mature" food for our previous guy, I'd read a lot about how the foods marketed for older dogs really aren't that much different - they just have a different label. We've had good luck with a couple different kirkland varieties, but make sure you aren't paying more for the same thing just for the bag to say "mature."

Good luck finding something that agrees with your pup!

Thanks all! The "mature" formula wasn't available so instead if waiting a week for it to be shipped I picked up their chicken formula adult dog food. So far, so good - Bella's been gobbling it down and her stools are already better, after only a few meals. Whew.