Greyhound Loves Cold!

Does anyone else grey love being out in the cold? Our 9yo grey LOVES the cold!! We live in NJ right now it's around 25 degrees. He will beg us to let him out. After letting him lay out on the deck for 5 minutes we are begging him to come in! We often have to break out a little snack or go out and physically give him a little nudge to go in. He has always loved the cold and really enjoys the snow. I know greys have thin skin but our big guy doesn't seem to mind!

My Lila does! And we live in the frozen tundra. She does have problems if her feet get too cold from snow between her toes or having to walk on icy packed snow, but as long as she’s wearing her shoes she’ll stay out in even single digit temperatures for longer that I like, sniffing around like it’s a summer day. I put a coat on her, but I think that’s more for me than her. I am always yelling, “get in here, it’s too cold!” She’s 12.5 years old and I don’t let her stay out there long, even if that means I have to go get her.

She’s got thick plushy fur and has always run warm. She gets too hot in her bed and has to go sprawl out on the floor. She has little tolerance for the heat, 70 is her max for comfort.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

My Peggy does too. Windchill today is like 34 F and she loves it.

When it even gets near the mid-Sixties F she is no longer so keen on walks. I'm thinking of getting her a white cotton coat for sunshine now she's on the way to 12 this year

Our second greyhound (Dude) and one we have now LOVELOVELOVE being outside in any weather, but they particularly love the cold and snow. Dude wouldn't even go potty if he had a coat on - he *had* to be out nakednude!! :rolleyes: Lilly loves to play in the snow and will get down and roll around on the ground when it's deep enough. Yesterday we had falling snow most of the day and I literally had to put on her leash and bring her inside every time we went out! She lays under a tree or bush and just watches the snow fall! :rolleyes:

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

My boy LOVES the cold weather. Now he has an extremely heavy coat for a greyhound and he has it year round, so it's not like he's going to freeze, but I do keep watch and he's not allowed out for more than 10 minutes if it's that cold.

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

Two knucklehead campers love the cold / snow, the others can't do their numbers fast enough before running back to the house lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Rogue LOVES the cold. He comes alive during the winter months. We'll be walking down the street and his tail will just be wagging. We do the most of our hiking during the cooler months because of this. The summer humidity is hard on us both so we retreat indoors then.

Sarah with P Kay Ruger "Rogue"

gc2Re0q.jpg?2