I'm Just Not Sure She's Comfortable Here

This afternoon with the front door open enjoying the breeze.

EQH9qSj.jpg

Tonight since dinner - 3.5 hours ago.

xWJywjj.jpg

Edited to add the bed fail in front of me at the moment. Occasionally there's a little growl of contentment.

7cWjiRX.jpg

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Its a relief to hear that she had dinner. You know, she moved :lol

Petunia :wub:

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

It’s a hard life!

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

I know you posted that she was a broodie with several litters -- as far as you can tell, is this her first non-kennel experience? She's loving the lifestyle.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I know you posted that she was a broodie with several litters -- as far as you can tell, is this her first non-kennel experience? She's loving the lifestyle.

She was with the adoption group from November until she came here, and I think the people who run the group had her in their house some during that time. She is definitely not used to home life as in being an only dog. I am still a little worried that she is lonely with a bunch of other hounds around, and she doesn't know too many words. Rocket had a huge vocabulary that he seemed to understand the meaning of. I can ask if she's hungry, if she wants to go outside, go for a walk etc and she has absolutely no reaction or trigger words. She follows me everywhere and will go outside if I motion for her to follow me or if I open the back door and go out, she will usually join me. She has also been attempting to roach but can't quite get all the way vertical yet.

Yesterday DW left the house while I was still sleeping. Within a minute of her leaving I had an old broodie walk into the bedroom and give me 3 loud barks. She has never barked before. I just about jumped out of my skin.

Yesterday was the first day that I have seen her sleep this peacefully. It's the first day that I've felt like she has relaxed and maybe knows that she;s home now.

The broodie in her is definitely coming out though. Good thing she's really cute. :bgeorge

Here is today's view from my chair. She loves it when the front door is open.

WDINjiB.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

She looks totally stressed. Send her here.

:rofl

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

She is definitely not used to home life as in being an only dog.

There's an easy fix for that. ;)

She follows me everywhere and will go outside if I motion for her to follow me

If you're not already doing it, try always adding a consistent hand sign for each word that you'd like her to know. Some people dogs are better visual than auditory learners. (Sorry, speech therapist in me is talking.)

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

There's an easy fix for that. ;)

If you're not already doing it, try always adding a consistent hand sign for each word that you'd like her to know. Some people dogs are better visual than auditory learners. (Sorry, speech therapist in me is talking.)

I have actually been doing the hand signals for certain things. She does seem to respond to the signals.

:beatheart:beatheart

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl.