Cbd Oil

I would like to try CBD oil on my 6 1/2 year old hound for neck issues but there are so many brands to choose from. I know Im looking for purity and THC free but they all claim to be the best. I have googled Canna pet, ElleVet, HempRx Forte, and Innovet. Im reaching out to other hound owners that may have used CBD oil for their fur baby.

Curious why you want to try the CBD oil. Have you tried pain medications or other supplements to no avail? I know CBD is all the rage right now and I'm not saying it shouldn't be used (I've used it), but I'm seeing it used more and more as a first or second resort, which I find curious since we really have no information about safety, especially with long term use.

If you're dealing with something neurological, Gabapentin can be very helpful. There's also a supplement called VetriDisc that you might want to look into.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Colby is on gabapentin, methocarbamol and galliprant which help but there are days where she needs a little more. Just saw a neurologist at Penn Vet and I am going to try rehabilitation therapy too. I have heard that CBD oil may be helpful along with her current medication.

Do you use fish oil? Both that and the VetriDisc have been hugely helpful for us (Violet is also on Gabapentin and Robaxin, plus Galliprant as needed).

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

The pancreatitis induced by prednisone is what my vet and the internist told me. I have also read in several articals that prednisone can cause pancreatitis in dogs. When Colby was on prednisone she did really well and that was at a very low dose of 5mg every other day but I was instructed to take her off the prednisone.

Edited by Phaedra3

Canna-nine is an amazing oil. Best value for money by far, and has amazing!!! Results. It can be used to treat anxiety, arthritis, and severe pain.

One of our girls got bone cancer, and the decline was rapid. We tried all of the medicines for pain, and none had ANY effect. The CBD was the last ditch effort to keep her comfortable, and it did!!!! Instantly after her first dose, she was happy, up and playing, eating well, and just a completely different dog. After a week, she was ready to go, but she went after spending another afternoon in the park, with all her human kid friends, who petted her while she lied in the sunny grass and at popcorn.

If thats not a good enough reason to try it out on yours, for whatever issues you want to treat, then I dont know what would be.

When you do it, introduce it slowly and gradually. If the instructions say two full droppers, start with one or two drops in the food, and monitor them to see how they react. Even without the THC my dog gets wonky if he has too much, remember, CBD still has effects on the body (or else why use it?). If your dog seems to tolerate the few drops, next time add a bit more, until you reach your desired amount. The best way to do it is by adding it to their food once a day, and if youre using it for arthritis or anxiety, it should be given everyday. If your dog has a bout of severe anxiety (fireworks etc) and you know how they tolerate it by how youve introduced, you can use a bigger dose, and put it on their front paw to calm them as the lick it off. Thats my two cents! I hope it helps :)