Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dmdsmoxie

Greyhound-Data

Recommended Posts

Sorry, Dick. This just came as an insult to injury. The last time I updated a page on G-D was when we adopted Rufus in July 2015. We had to put him down today, and I find I can’t say he’s dead without becoming “a financial member” or having a third party do it because by not paying gelt I’m not trustworthy enough. I’m not trying to edit his pedigree, or otherwise deface the site.

 

I’m upset, I’m hurting, and I should probably stop before I say something that will get me flagged. I appreciate your offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rules today are made to stop the 1/2 of 1 percent bad people from doing what the other 99.5 percent would never think of doing.

 

I'm sorry for your loss and when you are ready either post here or send me a PM with what you want put on your pups G-D page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to bring this thread to the top every few months since there are always new members that don't know this can be done or old members that forgot about it.

Just a reminder that I, and a few others on G-D, can edit your pups G-D page. There is now a field for adopted owner and pet name. There is also a bereavement section where we can add the date of death and a couple of sentences if you wish.

 

Plus, up to three pictures can be posted on the G-D forum and if you want pictures posted just add them to this thread. G-D added a watermark to the pictures because pictures were being taken from G-D without the owners or G-D's permission. You still own your pictures, but G-D will go after people that steal pictures from their site.

 

Post whatever information you want added to this thread and I or someone will add it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can edit dogs but I am so not good with pictures.  I'm amazed I got photos up on my own dogs.:lol


Those who would give up Essential Liberty

to purchase a little Temporary Safety,

deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Ben Franklin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greyhound-Data has added some new fields and if anyone wants me, or someone on GT to edit their dogs G-D page please post the information here. If anyone wants to add pictures just post them here.

The retired with owner is new, but wouldn't apply for people here unless they owned the dog as a racer.

Adoption group is new.

Adopted owners email is new.  Some people want to try and connect with people that have siblings.

Year of passing is new and the whole date can be entered.

sXDavyb.png

Dick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Dick. Thank you for all you do for us and our hounds.

Please add the date of death for my girl Wendy (Lost Footing) - 08/18/17 with the words:  Forever in our hearts. "I am yours you are mine".

And for AMF Won't Forget, please add adopters' names - Irene & Jorge Martinez - and pet name Lola. 

Thank you!

 

 

 

Edited by LaFlaca

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LaFlaca said:

Hi, Dick. Thank you for all you do for us and our hounds.

Please add the date of death for my girl Wendy (Lost Footing) - 08/18/17 with the words:  Forever in our hearts. "I am yours you are mine".

And for AMF Won't Forget, please add adopters' names - Irene & Jorge Martinez - and pet name Lola. 

Thank you!

 

 

 

Done

http://www.greyhound-data.com/db.php?i=1360459&time=1563405603

http://www.greyhound-data.com/db.php?i=2231055&time=1563405738

Dick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm unable to login to GD. It says - Sorry, but I can find no account with this credentials!.  

I've requested a new password twice but get no answer.  Any tips?


Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LaFlaca said:

I'm unable to login to GD. It says - Sorry, but I can find no account with this credentials!.  

I've requested a new password twice but get no answer.  Any tips?

Try again in the morning as sometimes it is just the website having a problem.  If you still can't login let me know and I will notify them.  Are you verified?

Dick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dmdsmoxie said:

Try again in the morning as sometimes it is just the website having a problem.  If you still can't login let me know and I will notify them.  Are you verified?

Dick

I tried again to get a new password although I don't understand why it won't take my usual one. Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes.

What does being verified mean?

Still no response for a new email. Still cannot login. However, I can do a dog search and was able to see what you added to my girls' pages.  Weird.

Edited by LaFlaca

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years ago there were people wrecking havoc on G-D.  Pedigrees were being changed for one and people were spending a lot of time correcting this along with other problems. Some people having multiple identities was another.  The owners of G-D decided people were going to have to get verified by sending them a form of identification like your license. While some people objected to this that is the way it is.

I think, but am not positive, if you aren't verified you can still see everything on G-D, but can't post in the forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dmdsmoxie said:

A few years ago there were people wrecking havoc on G-D.  Pedigrees were being changed for one and people were spending a lot of time correcting this along with other problems. Some people having multiple identities was another.  The owners of G-D decided people were going to have to get verified by sending them a form of identification like your license. While some people objected to this that is the way it is.

I think, but am not positive, if you aren't verified you can still see everything on G-D, but can't post in the forum. 

Makes perfect sense. Saints paying for sinners. <sigh>  


Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LaFlaca said:

Makes perfect sense. Saints paying for sinners. <sigh>  

Exactly.  At one time everyone could enter a pedigree and edit on G-D.  This made it easy for an adopter to post pictures and put something in the comment box. When the changes occurred there were a lot of complaints, but people didn't realize the chaos that happened that forced these changes.

As you stated, Saints paying for sinners. <sigh>, and it also made it more time consuming  for some.  Every day Ilse and Werner get a list of new pedigrees, changes made to existing pedigrees and new pictures added. They go through these additions and changes to make sure they are all legit.

Every so often I'll get an email from Ilse asking if some dog from the U.S. was sent to Ireland or Australia because the land of standing was change. The answer is almost always no because all that was sent to the country is semen.  The dog is still standing in the U.S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dick, I lost my girl, Lola, today - AMF Won't Forget. Can you please add her d.o.d. and photo to G-D? Thank you.IMG_0064.thumb.JPG.982b2e4e50276235582a076cdf6bb65f.JPG


Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dmdsmoxie said:

Thank you.


Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dick, my name is Ellen and I wondered if you would mind posting some info on greyhound data for me when you have time? The photo is of my beloved hound, racing name Buddy Molly, pet name Buddy. He has adopted Dan and Ellen Haydon as his human companions. 

Thanks in advance,

ellen

 

8E704140-232A-4AE4-B67A-7BB7C954BF6C.jpeg


Living with Buddy Molly b. 5 November 2010. Welcomed home 16/6/2018 ❤️

Won 17/112 races at Romford - our champion Essex boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

Hi Dick, my name is Ellen and I wondered if you would mind posting some info on greyhound data for me when you have time? The photo is of my beloved hound, racing name Buddy Molly, pet name Buddy. He has adopted Dan and Ellen Haydon as his human companions. 

Thanks in advance,

ellen

 

8E704140-232A-4AE4-B67A-7BB7C954BF6C.jpeg

 

Hi Ellen,

Done and up to three pictures can be put on Buddy's page so if you have mobe in the future let me know and I will be happy to post them.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/db.php?i=1852239&time=1564006982

Dick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, I’m trying to reduce the size of some of my photos so I can upload more. It’s great to see a photo of his sister on there!


Living with Buddy Molly b. 5 November 2010. Welcomed home 16/6/2018 ❤️

Won 17/112 races at Romford - our champion Essex boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Dick! 

What does this mean?    Bmpd & Coll 1st Tn        Bumped and Collided 1st Turn?  :(  If so, is there any way to know if the dog was injured? I'm looking at the racing history of Ottawa, a dog we are looking into adopting.    

 


Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LaFlaca said:

Hi, Dick! 

What does this mean?    Bmpd & Coll 1st Tn        Bumped and Collided 1st Turn?  :(  If so, is there any way to know if the dog was injured? I'm looking at the racing history of Ottawa, a dog we are looking into adopting.    

 

Hi Irene,

Bumped and collided in this case probably means the same thing.  The chartwriter doesn't usually put bumped and bumped if a dog was bumped and then bumped into another dog. I just looked at Ottawa's lines to see if there was any break in his lines.  there were two breaks, but he only missed one start so whatever the reason for him missing the starts it doesn't sound serious.  My guess is whatever kept him out the first start is what kept him out the second because he missed a start, ran and won the race and then missed another start.

Cheryl can probably tell you better than I can, but every dog the day after a race is gone over from head to toe. The trainer is making sure there are no apparent injuries. This is just a precaution since the dog can't say my back leg is a little sore and is walking fine.

If you look at Nov. 17, 2018 you can see there is a little gap in the dates, he runs and wins and another little gap in the dates.

The last break in his lines is on June 7th and he doesn't run a graded race again for a month. I knew he had to officially school to run again so I checked trackinfo since they show schooling race lines and he officially schooled on June 23 and June 30th. To officially school on the 23rd the trained would have morning schooled him once or twice before the 23rd. So he was not running for maybe two weeks not a month.

He only ran two races and was retired. Nothing bad from those two races that stands out.

Career ending injuries are something people think of as being a catastrophic injury when in many cases it is a minor injury and the age of the dog that really makes a trainer say it is time. 

If a dog break a toe at two years old the dog is usually back racing in seven or eight weeks. If a dog breaks a toe at 3 or 3 1/2 the trainer or owner may retire that dog instead of bringing him back to race.

I would ask the adoption group if they know what the injury was just so you know, but from the dogs lines I see nothing bad.

Dick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dick is right.  They are gone over after every race.  A lot of trainers will rub them down with liniment just to ease any minor muscle soreness.  Everything from ultrasound massages to whirlpools are used.  Most will go over the dog the day of the race also, just to make sure and if there's a problem you can scratch them out of the race.  They don't just sit for several days between races, that's just asking for major problems.  Usually they're sprinted or walked several times between race days to keep them loose.  There are times too when you just pull a dog and put him through some morning schooling just to get him on the lure without 7 other dogs getting in his way to re-hone his focus.  


Those who would give up Essential Liberty

to purchase a little Temporary Safety,

deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Ben Franklin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dmdsmoxie said:

Hi Irene,

Bumped and collided in this case probably means the same thing.  The chartwriter doesn't usually put bumped and bumped if a dog was bumped and then bumped into another dog. I just looked at Ottawa's lines to see if there was any break in his lines.  there were two breaks, but he only missed one start so whatever the reason for him missing the starts it doesn't sound serious.  My guess is whatever kept him out the first start is what kept him out the second because he missed a start, ran and won the race and then missed another start.

Cheryl can probably tell you better than I can, but every dog the day after a race is gone over from head to toe. The trainer is making sure there are no apparent injuries. This is just a precaution since the dog can't say my back leg is a little sore and is walking fine.

If you look at Nov. 17, 2018 you can see there is a little gap in the dates, he runs and wins and another little gap in the dates.

The last break in his lines is on June 7th and he doesn't run a graded race again for a month. I knew he had to officially school to run again so I checked trackinfo since they show schooling race lines and he officially schooled on June 23 and June 30th. To officially school on the 23rd the trained would have morning schooled him once or twice before the 23rd. So he was not running for maybe two weeks not a month.

He only ran two races and was retired. Nothing bad from those two races that stands out.

Career ending injuries are something people think of as being a catastrophic injury when in many cases it is a minor injury and the age of the dog that really makes a trainer say it is time. 

If a dog break a toe at two years old the dog is usually back racing in seven or eight weeks. If a dog breaks a toe at 3 or 3 1/2 the trainer or owner may retire that dog instead of bringing him back to race.

I would ask the adoption group if they know what the injury was just so you know, but from the dogs lines I see nothing bad.

Dick

 

2 hours ago, Cheryl2 said:

Dick is right.  They are gone over after every race.  A lot of trainers will rub them down with liniment just to ease any minor muscle soreness.  Everything from ultrasound massages to whirlpools are used.  Most will go over the dog the day of the race also, just to make sure and if there's a problem you can scratch them out of the race.  They don't just sit for several days between races, that's just asking for major problems.  Usually they're sprinted or walked several times between race days to keep them loose.  There are times too when you just pull a dog and put him through some morning schooling just to get him on the lure without 7 other dogs getting in his way to re-hone his focus.  

Thanks, Dick and Cheryl.  I always go over the dog's history before I adopt so I know what to expect. Dick, he ran 2 races? I read 102. That sounds like a lot. Am I misinterpreting the data?  Was his last race on July 13 of this year?  This stuff fascinates me!


Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...