Proden Plaqueoff Dental Care For Dogs & Cats

We have been buying PlaqueOff via Amazon for a while and have been generally happy with the results. Lately, Amazon user comments have noted a change in the material composition of the product. We agree, it does not look or smell the same. There is no product info indicating a change in formula. Our correspondence to the manufacturer has gone unanswered. Any Greytalkers have knowledge or recent experience with this product?

Edited by bvroman

I've used Proden Plaque Off for years and have always purchased it from Amazon. I've not noticed any change in the product. I did contact the company via the Proden website and got an immediate response.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

And what was the response?

Lola was having skin allergy issues. We were trying to determine if it might be food related so I contacted Proden and asked if the product was known to cause itching and/or hives. The response was very comprehensive explaining that, while anything was possible, the components of PlaqueOff do not typically cause allergic reactions. The reason why was explained in depth in their response.

Edited by LaFlaca

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I am whole again!!!! Sadie entered my life 5 weeks ago. Brindle 10 months old with pricked ears. My broken heart can start beating again...……………. :heart

Sadie is extremely Precious, so much so that she cannot imagine chewing bones. Her lady like pointy mouth full of teeth (salt water crocodile) is extremely delicate, or so she thinks.

Just wondering about this product (how it is applied) and other methods to prevent future dental problems.

Thanks! :)

Congrats on your new fur baby!

We sprinkled PlaqueOff directly on our girls food. Apparently it tastes good because no one has ever refused to eat. It does help, we believe. It is not cheap but we felt it was worth it.

For now, however, we are not giving it to our dogs. We are seeking answers as to why the product looks & smells very different than it has over the past 2 years. Still no corporate response from Proden. Im also concerned that the company does not allow returns or refunds of their product. A company that doesnt stand behind its product is concerning.