Question For Raw Feeders

You can do a couple things. Fill a sink with hot water, dish up her food and put the bowl in the sink for a bit. Maybe a half hour. It will come up in temp that way. You can also add hot water and stir. I add Longevity in, so it actually works well with the added moisture. It's actually best to have the food warm as opposed to ice cold. Easier for the system. Never feed frozen as it can really throw the system for a loop.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

You can do a couple things. Fill a sink with hot water, dish up her food and put the bowl in the sink for a bit. Maybe a half hour. It will come up in temp that way. You can also add hot water and stir. I add Longevity in, so it actually works well with the added moisture. It's actually best to have the food warm as opposed to ice cold. Easier for the system. Never feed frozen as it can really throw the system for a loop.

Thank you so much! Very informative

I just move the food from the freezer after feeding dinner and let it stand in the cellar until the next day's dinner time.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

I'm not sure a cellar would be room temperature - that's not the design, but it certainly isn't fridge temp. Have to consider though that you don't want the raw room temp for very long either. It can become dangerous with bacteria. While their gut can handle this, it's not worth the risk. I have fed raw direct from the fridge for years (always always thawed), and using the sink and hot water method as well. Raw is a great diet, don't overthink it tho!

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

If I think it's too cold I just add a little hot water in and stir it. I usually try to sit thawed out of fridge an hour or so before serving to let it warm some. No biggie, as long as it is not frozen I think it is fine. Never had no problems.

So is the food room temperature??

It's a little cooler than room temperature because the meat needs nearly 24h to defrost from the -18°C deep freeze. And you don't have to worry about salmonella. A healthy dog can deal with it if the problem arises. Dogs are scavengers that would eat meat that is far longer dead when they would live on their own.

The warmer the meat the easier it is to digest for older dogs.

I feed raw for at least 10 years and the dreaded big D is next to non existent in our home.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).