Obsession With Cat Poop Lately

Tracker of course has always liked cat poop. A while back, we had to put him on low phosphorus/low protein food, and commensurate with that, his interest in cat poop has absolutely skyrocketed. He just won't get his nose of the ground anymore, and keeps finding stuff in places he never showed interest in before. Is it possible that there's a connection with the low protein food? Is cat poop his protein "supplement"??

My guys have all loved cat poop. In fact Iker will try to quickly steal it from the litter box on his way out the back door.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Is it possible that there's a connection with the low protein food? Is cat poop his protein "supplement"??

My uneducated guess is yes. Milo only seems to eat poop when he's on a diet to lose weight. As I understand it, cats eat a higher protein % in their diet than dogs do, so that might make their poop more interesting to Tracker.

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter