Trevor (Carolina Coffee) 06/07/05-11/08/18

FiveRoooooers

Gotcha%201_zpsepftabyp.jpg

13.5 - Osteo.

Trevor :heart :heart When your time came you were supposed to leave on a good day, at home, surrounded by your fellow campers. While today was a beautiful and brilliant autumn day, just as it was the day we met, instead of from home surrounded by campers, I had to help you leave from the clinic, surrounded by our other friends. I understand the Greyhound Circle of Love but seriously, today? One must leave us so we can love another ...

You have been just the best darned dog. I miss my friend. Trevor Double-Heart. My co-pilot while driving, standing up the entire way no matter how short or far we traveled with your trademark insistent nudge to maneuver your head under my hand. You loved doing that! And I love when you did it! Your head rested on my shoulder Every.Single.Night. Your soft woof when you thought I took too long to prepare your noms. How you loped across the yard first thing in the morning and again in the afternoon, smiling on each lap as you passed by me. You had such a silly gait – front end this way, back end that way – but you owned it! You put up with so much mayhem here, and created your own – the day you ran into the lawn chair and nicked the same spot on your head where you had run into the wheelbarrow! Having no teeth other than your canines and a few random toofers didn’t stop you from trying everything I offered. You were suspicious at first but grew to love whippy cream, mini-mooshies., even mini-milk bones broken in half. How you loved your walks, no matter the weather. Lately we’ve been walking only to Seamie’s Lane and back and more recently just around the back yard but still you woofed to go and were impatient as I adjusted your collar.

Trevor, you have been just the best darned dog these past three years. How lucky was I that our friend saw you were looking for a home and said to me “You NEED this dog!!” Indeed.

Godspeed Trevor Double-Heart. This camp will not be the same without you. :heart:heart

Trev%204_zpsfn5vgaqb.jpg

The next morning: three goldfish. Oh Trevor :weep

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sweet Trevor. :weep Jan, I am so sorry. I hope he is busy at the Bridge meeting the campers who came before him and surely sent him your way. I know he will pay it forward when the time is right. Rest well, Trevor Double-Heart, we will all miss you.

:grouphug

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

NO! Nonononono! Not Trevor!

Jan, I'm so so sorry. There are just no words....

{{{hugs}}}

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

No No Noooooo....

Run Free Trevor.

You were loved so very, very much....

:bighug Jan et al

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I’m so sorry, Jan. My heart is breaking for you and the rest of us who will miss him so much.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

No no no! Not another loss. Not Trevor Double-heart.

I am so incredibly sorry. Trevor was such a special boy that I always wanted to hug him through the screen. I am heartbroken for you.

Godspeed Trevor.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Jan, I cannot believe the size of your heart. You bring them home, for a day or a month or a year, then see them off again. :heart

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

I am so very sorry to read about Trevor, Jan. Some of these names just pop out at you and it was a shock to read Trevor's :(

:f_white

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Jan, this is so heartbreaking to see. Trevor, with his beautiful soft face and sweet eyes, will be dearly missed. He was truly a gentle soul who gave his heart to you on the day you brought him home. He was loved, content and happy which every wonderful photo of him showed. I am so sorry he had to leave.

Rest well sweet Trevor. You will always be remembered. :f_white

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I'm so sorry for your loss. Their time with us is never long enough.

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Sending gentle hugs your way.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Oh, no no no no, not Trevor! :brokenheart I am so very sorry. :beatheart

Edited by Kestrel

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

:f_white I am so very sorry for your loss. Trevor, you were a fine dog. Run free! :gh_run2

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Just feeling dismay at this end. As mere humans we are so damned vulnerable to the loss of our treasures. My heart goes out to you for the loss of your beautiful "Trevor".

Weren't you both so lucky for the time you had together...……………..every breath...……………..every heartbeat of love.

Godspeed sweet boy.

:beatheart

Farewell Trevor, the bestest boy ever. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm so sorry. He was something else, wasn't he? and I know you will miss him beyond imagining.

Godspeed, good boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Your beautiful tribute tells the story of love between you and Trevor. Jan, I am so terribly sorry for your loss. My heart hurts for you. (((hugs)))

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross