Sign in to follow this  
Trudy

Oh Yeah, Secret Santa

Secret Santa 2018  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a GT Secret Santa 2018

• Yes
    • No

Bit then it would be just American things that anybody could get and nothing from me here in UK, no fun at all. And I would have to pay import duty on anything coming in ( depending on value, of course).

I’ve thought about it, believe me.

As a Canadian I agree with this.

:(

I don't want someone else to do my gift-buying and The shipping/duty is just too expensive.

NSK-Winter.jpg.a6ea578c2e544932c5222b81cda3216d.jpg

Nancy...Mom to Nigel (Nigel) , Sid (Peteles Tiger) and Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos)Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie) and especially Ruby (Watch Me Dash) waiting at the Bridge.

Sorry-- just now saw the survey (had to have time to look for it). (it was hard to find)

A lot of people seem to read the Facebook Greytalk version... could an "are you interested" thread be posted there?

It's a part of the holiday season for me... I would miss it and my pups would miss being the Dog of the Year to receive the magic box.

Is there a way to contact previous participants? (apologies if you already said this...)

If we have a few who want to participate, then maybe we don't need complicated software? (drawing out of a hat).

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: Festus, EdWin, and Jethro; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, and Murray.

There is no coorelation between this, the REAL GreyTalk and the FB version except name only! And people who post on both places.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
So many right-winged Christians...so few lions.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Well, damn. I didnt Secret Santa last year (divorce, dying dog). Im really sad to see that Jefferson wont get to experience the joy of a GT Christmas. I hate that FB is taking away from a much more human site like this.

Did you vote in the poll? I'm hoping Trudy will change her mind and let us have another go of GT Christmas. :D

Still hoping we can do a small version this year?

We don't do much in the way of family holiday gifts -- because the joy had gone out of it and it had become just another (expensive) obligation.

(Obviously, no small children involved... can't opt out when children are involved!)

But I always had great fun (and joy) in putting together the Secret Santa package and trying to think of things that the human and recipient hound would enjoy.... and we rotated which greyhound got to be the Secret Santa recipient each year. This year we have a new boy who has never had a Secret Santa before...

I like the GT Card Exchange (because it is a deadline that I can meet) and I like the Secret Santa because it represents the spirit of the season to me.

There you have it. If we can't make the sheer numbers, how about a small group who want to do it because they find it fun and an important part of the season....

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: Festus, EdWin, and Jethro; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, and Murray.

Yep! The ones that want to do it, should have it!

non-USAs--there isn't a duty exemption for gifts? Ours is $100 or so.

Me & John Reese (Gable Dodge x O Jays) and the 4 kittehs!

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Checking for an update.... will there be a sign up?

I recall that Jeff said they were delaying new something for this site because the Secret Santa software (?) would not work with the new platform.... so would certainly not want this delay to have been without a purpose....

Can any of us do something to help?

Greyhound Fleece Jackets