Trust...

I hate that article. Trust is the foundation of living with a dog. I want my dogs to trust me and I have to trust in return.

Trust is essential and it is not the same as irresponsibility. I trust my greys to not destroy our home when I'm out - so they don't need muzzles or crates. But I won't let them run off lead in unknown territory - not because I don't trust them but because I trust my judgement of the situation.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Is it really a matter of trust?

Which would also mean one could get disappointed.

No dog could ever disapoint me. It could only behave differently from what I predicted or expected.

I made wrong predictions. Interpreted behaviour wrong. But none of this ever had to do with trust.

I trust my dogs or hounds to be a dog and to behave like a dog in every possible way.

I make decisions. Lead on or off. A bone to chew on while I am away or not.

Most of my decisions are a result of my personal intetpretation of past or actual shown behaviour or a prediction of potential future behaviour, based on what we together experienced before.

I do not trust dogs. They can not disapoint me. I just try to make decisions that work and keep everybody safe.

As I do not want my dogs to live in a rubber cage with 24/7 monitoring of everything including vital functions, there always is a risk, that one day one of my desicions or my interpretation of what is going on fails. That is called life.

Trying to keep the ones you love and everybody else safe while life is going on- I'd say this is more of common sense than trust.

Edited by Rakete

Argue in the other thread.

As with EVERY thread on GreyTalk, if you don't like it, move on.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****