Verify Your Email Address

Jeff

I'm giving you plenty of notice.

We will be changing hosts and updating the forum most likely in January 2019 after Secret Santa is complete. The delay is because our custom SS software will no longer function after the update.

When we move, I'm sure you'll all be required to re-login for the first time in who knows how long. Make sure you know your login/password and have an email address tied to your GT account that you can access.

Per the "What Members Need to Know" thread from 2011...

Make sure you remember your password, and keep your email address updated.

We do not reset passwords upon request and send them to an email account that does not match the one listed in the user profile. This is because without access to the account, or password, or email address, anyone could request a password reset of any other user account. This is done for YOUR security. User profiles, PMs, Emails/etc can contain Personally identifiable information. We take this security measure for our members. What that means though is that if your email address has changed and you failed to update your profile in the forum, if you forget your password, you will need to create a new account, and your existing profile/status will be lost.

To verify and/or update your email address, use MY SETTINGS in the control panel, or just click HERE

Verify it with your eyes, if it is correct, you are good to go, if not, please correct it.

I will bump this in Nov, Dec and again in Jan, but don't delay, as no exceptions will be made.

I cleared a bunch of restricted email addresses a while ago, gmail, yahoo, etc. If you have trouble with your freemail address still being blocked, PM me, (PM vs a support ticket) so I know you have access to the account with a different email address, a support ticket from a different email address won't prove that, and I can't help that way.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Sadly, I'm going to be the first pain in the butt. I was hoping to change my password to something I could relate to, but I have just tried to change it 5 times, and I keep getting the message that the one I have recorded in my notebook is inaccurate. My email address is accurate. How do I call up my password so I can change it?

you can't display your current password, the best you can do is logout and select forgot password on the login page, the forum will then email you a link to reset your password. You'll receive a random new password, but it still won't display what it is currently set to. After using the new random password to log in, you can change it to whatever you like.

**@sympatico.ca

And the reason behind this?

Been using my currently registered gmail account for some time now. I get a few GT PMs each week with no problems. No need for me to change anything, correct?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

My email address is an old work one, since at that time I couldn't use any free email addresses. Am I reading this right, that we can use those now (what does it mean, that you cleared them)? I have a yahoo and a gmail that I could use, but I don't want to change it yet until I am sure I'm understanding that right.

I do, however, know my password, so I can log in fine. But I should probably get an active email in there just in case.

Thanks!

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

you can't display your current password, the best you can do is logout and select forgot password on the login page, the forum will then email you a link to reset your password. You'll receive a random new password, but it still won't display what it is currently set to. After using the new random password to log in, you can change it to whatever you like.

And the reason behind this?

I'm sorry about that. Don't know what I was thinking! Was not thinking in fact!! Nothing should change on my account -- is that OK?

My email address is an old work one, since at that time I couldn't use any free email addresses. Am I reading this right, that we can use those now (what does it mean, that you cleared them)? I have a yahoo and a gmail that I could use, but I don't want to change it yet until I am sure I'm understanding that right.

It won't let you change it to a banned address, both gmail and yahoo should be fine these days.

Nothing should change on my account -- is that OK?

If your email address is correct in the system, then yes, that's great, no change needed.

verify it with your eyes, if it is correct, you are good to go, if not, please correct it.

Oh, I see. Thanks. Often sites that want verification will text us a random number to confirm who we are are, or make us tick a box of several photos that have cars or mountains in them etc.

Thanks for the heads up!

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

• 2 weeks later...

If nothing will be changing, do we need to do anything? Going to the link asks us to verify a new address and password. I am sorry. I don't understand, then.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

verify it with your eyes, if it is correct, you are good to go, if not, please correct it.

Thanks.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

• 3 weeks later...

Jeff I'm confused. I have an aol.com account and know my password is there anything I need to do?

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]