Dottie B 02/10/07-10/18/18

FiveRoooooers

Their caregiver at the Bridge, three bonded girls were looking for a place to land, together. My camp was humming along with ThreeRoooers but it was brought to my attention that I “needed” a six-pack (thanks K!). As it turned out, I did. In short order the girls and their treasures (thank you!) were delivered to me (thank you!) and it was probably the most seamless transition here ever. Everyone simply clicked without a snark or stinkeye - just a wonderful welcome of acceptance and love. Somehow, two young’uns snuck in with matriarch, Dottie B, but finally – I had greyhounds who loved to walk! We adjusted our routines and rearranged beds and began to laugh and delight at the antics of SixRoooooers and an awesome six-pack. All was well.

My heart is broken to share that tonight, due to advanced crippling lumbar stenosis, my Dottie B went quietly to the Bridge to be with her dad. The sky today was a brilliant blue, with the brightest sun against changing autumn leaves. The accompanying strong wind was too familiar and I shivered, remembering that night when another dear camper had departed our ranks. I had set up Dottie B in Bug’s Healing Camp and sat there with her for hours. When the camp door was open, she had visits from her long-term roommates who each took their turn saying goodbye. Punkin was extremely thorough in her inspection and nuzzling of her friend. Annie was next and she too shared an affectionate moment with her pal.

Dottie B was a camper for just one month plus two days. Tonight, 20 minutes before she left, was the first time that she kissed me, licking my hand as I held her paw. Our dear vets arranged for a home visit and I will be forever grateful to them for that. Had it been necessary to transport her up to the clinic, Dottie B would have been devastated to be separated from her friends. And so, her passing at home surrounded by all the campers was peaceful and quick and left me no doubt that she was indeed ready to be reunited with her dad.

Dottie B loved her Annie

44191116_2107077742942027_89273004248101

Their goodbye was particularly tender.

44253973_2107077819608686_64730278985119

Punkin and Dottie B saying their goodbyes is forever etched in my mind. It was too special a moment for me to interrupt by fumbling with the camera.

Aiden has now said goodbye to eight campers :weep

44247859_2107078092941992_46469782672097

Earlier on Seamie's Lane

44313042_2107078149608653_34433921171985

Dottie B. I scrubbed her face almost every day and the girl still looked as tho she had a picnic on her face :lol:wub:

44375368_2107078242941977_84174916550656

Her absolute favorite place in the yard was under the hydrangea tree

44344476_2107078342941967_87659263100872

This is the face I see when I remember the happy Dottie B :beatheart

When she left, Dottie B took with her the one type of treat that she’d reliably eat: freeze-dried chicken (thank you Emma), her St. Francis medal and card from her recent blessing, her duplicate name tag from her induction as Camper #17, and a blossom from underneath the hydrangea tree, her favorite place at our Camp.

Godspeed Dottie B. Two families have loved you dearly. Your dad and his love met you at the Bridge; I helped you back to him with all of my love. It was an honor to have been your placeholder. I just wish we’d have had more time together. Thank you, Dottie B, for all of your blessings.

44387821_2107078409608627_66167692698142

eta, Dottie B was born on February 10, Camp Greyhound CT founder Pagliaccio's first Gotcha Day c.2002.

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Oh Jan, I'm so sorry. Run free Dottie B.

Went through that two days ago.

Tin

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Oh Jan, I'm so sorry. Run free Dottie B.

Went through that two days ago.

Tin

Tin, Thank you. Im so sorry about Tosca :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Jan, I am so sorry you didn't have more time together, but what a wonderful send-off for Dottie B, surrounded by sunlight and the love of her friends. Rest well, sweet girl.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I'm so sorry, Jan. Sounds like she had a pretty perfect send off and knew how much she was loved at Camp Greyhound.

Run pain-free, Dottie B. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Jan, thank you for showing us the power of love once again. :heart

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

She had two perfect families in her life, and she was so loved. I'm sure she was making sure her sisters were going to be alright before she left.

I wish every end could be as easy and peaceful as a sunny afternoon under the hydrangea tree. What a beautiful send off.

{{{hugs}}} for you Jan. You loved her, no matter how long or short she was with you.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:f_white I am so sorry for your loss. But bless you for giving her such a peaceful, loving home for her last days - and such a peaceful, loving send-off.

Run free, Dottie B - young and strong once more :gh_run2

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

What a lovely girl. I'm so sorry she couldn't stay longer.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:bighug Jan and your Roooooers.

You gave Miss DottieB a safe place to land.

What a lovely goodbye party :)

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I wish every end could be as easy and peaceful as a sunny afternoon under the hydrangea tree.

:grouphug

Run with the wind, gentle Dottie B.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

It is obvious that Dottie B. was so very loved. Thank you for giving her a peaceful, dignified transition. :grouphug

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I'm so sorry, Jan. All three if them were so lucky to end up and you and I'm glad she was able to spend her last month in a loving home with her companions.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Dear Jan,

Dottie B left this earth knowing she was well loved by you and all her housemates. There is a new star in the skies tonight named for her. I am so sorry for your loss.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds