Lola is covered in large (the size of a quarter) reddish-pink hives. This started a few days ago as flat, pink areas on her belly, neck and inner thighs. Now they're all over, raised bumps. She's seems mildly uncomfortable, licking and occasionally scratching. I'm on my way to the vet for the third time now. She's taken Temaril P orally, injections of cortisone and antihistamine and yesterday a CADI (Canine Atopic Dermatitis Injection) shot. Vet put her on a prescription diet (Ultamino) which she refuses to eat.

Can any other illnesses/diseases/conditions besides allergies present with hives? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm very worried.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Are you on the old prison protocol for the hookworms where you give both on the same day -- might mention that to the vet.

Yes. I had the same thought. The vet suggested and approved the protocol.

Quote name="XTRAWLD" post="6090235" timestamp="1539908122"]

Any swelling? (Near facial area?) I've seen this happen personally to a dog that came in contact with poison oak.

She did have hives on her face this morning, but we’ve not got anything like that in the yard.

Vet prescribed prednisone. Said to continue with HP diet for 2 months. I’ve washed everything she lies on in a hypoallergenic detergent. I’m hoping it’s the detergent. That would be an easy fix compared to food or environmental allergies. This last episode, which has been by far the worst, happened after she got up on our freshly laundered bed which I had just washed with Tide.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".