Kidneys

Hi all,

So I took my 13year old boy to the vets today for his booster jabs. Getting him into my 13year old little fiesta was somewhat fun. He now no longer wants to jump in anymore due to his arthritis, and didn't enjoy me lifting him in - poor old guy.

So I went for jabs and came back with a new set of arthritic tablets and no jabs done - the vets think he has kidney problems so she was reluctant to give him the injections. I know he's 13 and something has to give eventually, but I don't think you ever want them to get ill, or leave you so I am feeling a little sad.

He has had bouts of intermittent vomitting, stool is fine though but he's drinking a bit more than usual. Now for the fun bit - collecting a urine sample first thing tomorrow morning. Can't say i'm looking forward to that haha. Please all wish me luck with his test results - I am hoping they come back OK or within a low range. I was pretty shocked when she asked me to pop him on the scales. He doesnt get weighed often but I recall his weight being 35KG, last time, (a year ago) it was slightly less, but this time he only weighed 30KG. She feels this could also be due to kidneys deteriorating.

Worried mum of my beloved senior docile beautiful hound Eddie.

Lisa xxx

Lisa, Eddie and Milo 💕 🐶 🐾

Tell your vet to look into suc-therapy by a company called Heel. It works wonders on kidneys and has zero side effects. Solidago, Ubichinon and Co-enzyme (suc).

If it is only normal kidney problems due to age the Solidago alone might be enough.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

if you don't want to wreck a good ladle, just tape a plastic deli-style container to a old broom stick or such. We used the 8 oz one with our Anubis when he was on chemo, to collect and dispose of the poison pee. Good luck with your boy.

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway