Assisi Loop - Battery

Gah, so long to wait  ;)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow.  No wonder it was so hard to pry that little bar off the battery and why I couldn't solder the new one back on to that arm :lol   augh.

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

UPDATE: The batteries arrived :crazy

Image may contain: indoor

Replacement of batteries, done! Apparently the most difficult part was undoing the glue that held the two pieces of the unit together. But, success!

Image may contain: dog and indoor

15' treatment, all good :yay 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

38 minutes ago, Remolacha said:

Wow, I am impressed! I myownself do not have the techie ability to do that.

Nor do I, believe me :lol Yay for computer friends who enjoy this type of project and are awesome at it! :clap 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Hey Aiden, Buddy..... Don't look now, but your butt is blinking.....:lol

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Yay! Does your computer friend want to do this for a reasonable fee? I think there are several of us who would pay. I would especially pay if it could be converted so I could replace the batteries in the future. 

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

can you ask your friend if he just soldered the feet of the batteries to the unit?  I'd be willing to try that myself if that was it (already have it opened up)?

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

3 hours ago, RaineysMom said:

can you ask your friend if he just soldered the feet of the batteries to the unit?  I'd be willing to try that myself if that was it (already have it opened up)?

How did you get yours open?

14 hours ago, NeylasMom said:

How did you get yours open?

I had to destroy the black plastic cover things on either side where the loop meets the actual electric part, then pried the electric pad open.

and that's the teknikal explenashun.  :lol:

Edited by RaineysMom

• 2 months later...

I know this is a last years post but I would love for you to replace my batteries once mine dies. I am on a fixed income (someone donated the first one to me) it’s really helped my senior dog but I can’t pay 300$ for a new unit. Are you still offering to do this. I can pay for your time. Thanks

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, twocks67 said:

I have been waiting for our vet to get the order of new loops in for days now.  We decided to try and change the battery ourselves and it worked.  We bought the batteries at our local home hardware store.

Can you please share how? We're all dying to know.

Fyi, you can buy your loops directly from the company. And they have sales periodically if you're on their mailing list. They've had a lot actually since covid.

• 3 months later...
On 9/21/2019 at 11:12 AM, Johnstheonly1 said:

I have successfully changed the battery on my Assisi loop and it works perfectly. If you are good with soldering and circuit boards, it’s not difficult. You have to de-solder the old batteries and solder new ones in. I’m willing to do this for you if you don’t want to mess around with that part. It’s a lot better than spending 300 dollars every time. Let me know if this interests anyone. I love helping people and their animals so get a hold of me

• 2 months later...
On 9/21/2019 at 11:12 AM, Johnstheonly1 said:

I have successfully changed the battery on my Assisi loop and it works perfectly. If you are good with soldering and circuit boards, it’s not difficult. You have to de-solder the old batteries and solder new ones in. I’m willing to do this for you if you don’t want to mess around with that part. It’s a lot better than spending 300 dollars every time. Let me know if this interests anyone. I love helping people and their animals so get a hold of me

I would love to find out how to do this.  Do you have tips and tricks you can share?

• 4 months later...
On 10/5/2021 at 4:12 PM, Zeelgame said:

Anyone has links to videos or pictures that show how to open the Assisi loop? all the photos in teh thread are somehow removed or not visible. Thank you .

There were never any photos. As far as I know no one has successfully done it except maybe the poster above, but he disappeared. 

Hi All,

I just received my Assisi Loop today for my 2 hounds.  I didn't know that the this was a throw away unit-my fault for not reading the details.  Like all of you, I don't want to spend another $300 for a new unit and toss the old unit if all it needs are batteries.  It would be a while if I wait to do mine and then let all of you know how it went.  I am up for the challenge of replacing the batteries.

Just to be clear, I have not replaced the batteries in one of these units.  I can't guarantee the outcome, but I will do the best that I can.  I do have soldering experience.  I would ask you cover the all the shipping and the cost of the batteries.

If you are willing to take a chance, let me know.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone found an acceptable alternative to the Assisi Loop that has replacement battery capabilities?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• 2 months later...

Just successfully replaced the batteries in our loop. Had my engineering student son for support. Required cutting the heat shrink wrap, prying apart the 2 white pieces (breaking the seal), then had to use a solder gun to remove the 2 batteries, and solder on new batteries, used silicone glue to re-seal the device and heat shrink wrap to seal the wires. Works! <$10 fix including solder gun and batteries

I haven't done a battery replacement but checked into it since we are considering buying one of these.  When you buy new batteries, you want to buy them with the soldering tabs already installed. Amazon has them. There are multiple providers and the one I am linking here is just to show the picture, I know nothing about the seller and don't have a brand to suggest at this point. https://www.amazon.com/CR2032-Lithium-Battery-Solder-Tabs/dp/B00ES28AT4

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all. I just got the Assisi loop from my vet and they failed to mention that it will only last for ONE MONTH for my cat with pancreatitis, (they also sold me a SMALL 10cm one and I can't exchange it for a larger one meanwhile they had opened the box for me, I didn't even see the closed box so I'm angry about that!).. I was happy to spend around 600 Canadian on something that can help me cat's pancreatitis but, EVERY MONTH? That's INSANE and truly, they are thieves, to say the least! To ask people to throw these still functioning machines out after the battery dies is also polluting the planet. Things like this SHOULD BE ILLEGAL, truly. We are filling this planet with JUNK and garbage because of companies like these who only think about themselves. And who ever said that they had to make it like this so they can have it FDA approved, that is not correct. That is just an excuse someone came up with for marketing reasons. The ones they sell for humans is just 25$, think about it for a second. I'm not sure if it's the same frequency, can anyone find out? 

So anyone who has an Assisi loop, look in your neighborhood for a cell phone or laptop or any type of electronics REPAIR SHOP, go to them and ask them to change the battery for you and they will gladly do it and not charge a lot. If you get reachable batteries, (they don't have to be the same KIND) they have to be similar voltage and amp, yes but they can be different size, shop around, they can change them with rechargeable ones. The electronics people will know what to do. No need to ask people online. It might help if you open the cover yourself though and take it to them with it opened. They can change the battery for your while you stand. My father had an electronics repair shop for many years when I was growing up and he would have gladly helped anyone out in similar situations.

So look for rechargeable batteries with the same amp and volt and change it with that. You can even make a new compartment for it if need be. There are types of Clay that you mix and you shape it into whatever you want and it hardens after.. Or you can get a piece of plastic from another device and fashion a cover. 

To anyone who has a LOOP with a dead battery that is larger than 10cm, (20cm and up) I would be interested in buying your loop from you. PLEASE DON"T THROW THEM OUT. Resell them online. Let those manufacturers know that they are doing something wrong! Put them on ebay or your local reseller website (I use Kijiji in Toronto). If you are in Toronto, I'll gladly buy it. 
lanahandal@hotmail.com

The KT recovery + Wave which costs 25$ and gives more hours than the Assisi Loop has this frequency.. The ActiPatch operates at 27.12MHz shortwave frequency, pulsing at a 1000 pulses per second with a pulse width of 100µsecs.

The Assisi Loop is also 27.120 MHZ  but I believe at different durations of 2mW average 50 OHM