Assisi Loop - Battery

I recall someone on here successfully changed the battery in an Assisi Loop, but I can't find the thread now. If it was you, please tell me how you did it and if you recall, what kind if battery it uses? Violet is on her second one. I would like to see if I can get her old one going again as well.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious to find out the answer. Larry's chiro has repeatedly suggested this for him but the pure "throw it out/no battery change" just pisses me off. If I could keep it going I would spend the $$ for it.

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

When you figure in how many uses you get the price is still very reasonable I'm. Yes, it's annoying, but my understanding is they needed to do it that way to get FDA approval.

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

There is most likely some testing that has to be done to keep the unit FDA Certified and to insure safety after a battery replacement. This is pretty common with all medical devices. You might want to stop by the nearest Batteries Plus Bulbs store and see if they can identify the replacement battery and can change it out or not. Just play the" I need a new battery for this" game and see where it goes from there.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

• 11 months later...

I have successfully changed the battery on my Assisi loop and it works perfectly. If you are good with soldering and circuit boards, it’s not difficult. You have to de-solder the old batteries and solder new ones in. I’m willing to do this for you if you don’t want to mess around with that part. It’s a lot better than spending 300 dollars every time. Let me know if this interests anyone. I love helping people and their animals so get a hold of me

12 hours ago, Johnstheonly1 said:

I have successfully changed the battery on my Assisi loop and it works perfectly. If you are good with soldering and circuit boards, it’s not difficult. You have to de-solder the old batteries and solder new ones in. I’m willing to do this for you if you don’t want to mess around with that part. It’s a lot better than spending 300 dollars every time. Let me know if this interests anyone. I love helping people and their animals so get a hold of me

I would love to have you do this! We have a newer one, but I would like a second one to use for my other dog. I have at least one old loop.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm also interested in knowing how to replace the battery on the Assisi Loop.  Mine just ran out of juice.  The LED lights flash in a rapid pattern and the lights only last about 5 minutes now.  I've only had the unit since Oct 5.

Using a small flathead screwdriver, I haven't been able to lift the white rubber from the hard translucent grey plastic.  I wonder if the white rubber is molded right onto the plastic.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  After shipping and exchange rate, this is almost $500.  Just not sustainable for me to keep buying new units.

How many times a day are you using it? And are you making sure to space them out 3+ hrs? That seems fast for it to run out, but I only use ours once, sometimes twice a days most days. 

I only heard of these recently but did think the reported uses/battery life seemed rather limited given frequency we use our PMFT unit (westville biomag).

Seems rather wasteful, shame they don't offer a battery refurbishment service. 

Edited by moofie

15 hours ago, DanL said:

I use it at least 4 times a day.  I got 168 cycles out of it.  The documentation says you should get 150 so it did last as long as it was supposed to.  I did space out each use appropriately as well.

Gotcha. Good to know you got the number of uses + that they estimate. I've tried to keep count, but I'm never perfect about it, though my feeling has been I got at least that many each time. 

• 4 months later...
On 9/21/2019 at 11:12 AM, Johnstheonly1 said:

What battery(ies) does it take and does anyone have a source?  I’m quite comfortable with the soldering to make this happen but would prefer to have the parts in stock before it runs out and I have to open it up!

Hi, I have the old original white Assisi Loop. My pitbull Winston just had his 2nd TPLO on Monday, and my Loop just ran out of juice today. Can anyone give me a tutorial on changing the batteries? I want to do so ASAP to keep the inflammation down as he heals from surgery. Thanks! 

On 4/16/2020 at 7:57 PM, Bubbastruts said:

What battery(ies) does it take and does anyone have a source?  I’m quite comfortable with the soldering to make this happen but would prefer to have the parts in stock before it runs out and I have to open it up!

it uses 2 CR2032 batteries (flat, about the size of a nickel)....  It was next to impossible to get the contacts off the batteries (I only did one) and I was not able to solder a new one back on but then again, I am not a solderer.....  I found them on Amazon but my husband found them (along with about 15 other types of the flat batteries) for $1 at our local Ace last month.

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

On 4/20/2020 at 5:44 PM, RaineysMom said:

it uses 2 CR2032 batteries (flat, about the size of a nickel)....  It was next to impossible to get the contacts off the batteries (I only did one) and I was not able to solder a new one back on but then again, I am not a solderer.....  I found them on Amazon but my husband found them (along with about 15 other types of the flat batteries) for $1 at our local Ace last month.

Darn, I had been holding out hope they could be replaced. So far I haven't even been able to get the thing open! I'm going to try a pEMF blanket from another company next. I believe the loops works, but the having to wait 3+ hours and the size are just prohibitive. And it doesn't always give the low battery warning in time for me to order another. Last time it started flashing quickly and was completely dead within 24 hours. So Violet has to go several days without therapy and of course this was during this CV hot mess so she's not getting her acupuncture or PT. :(

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 12:52 AM, NeylasMom said:

Darn, I had been holding out hope they could be replaced. So far I haven't even been able to get the thing open! I'm going to try a pEMF blanket from another company next. I believe the loops works, but the having to wait 3+ hours and the size are just prohibitive. And it doesn't always give the low battery warning in time for me to order another.

Any luck with that? Aiden's A .Loop has given up and at $$$ per, an option would be nice. Thanks.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

On 5/5/2020 at 5:29 AM, FiveRoooooers said:

Any luck with that? Aiden's A .Loop has given up and at $$$ per, an option would be nice. Thanks.

someone here that was handy with soldering and stuff could make a fortune replacing the batteries for us here.  I would pay $25 and shipping to have someone do it. :) 

1 hour ago, RaineysMom said:

someone here that was handy with soldering and stuff could make a fortune replacing the batteries for us here.  I would pay $25 and shipping to have someone do it. :) 

Yeah, would love that. Even better, I would pay more for someone to convert it so I could replace the battery myself moving forward. 

On 5/5/2020 at 6:29 AM, FiveRoooooers said:

Haven't tried it yet. I ordered one more loop first, but my plan was to order the blanket before this loop dies so I should probably get on that. FWIW, I got good feedback on this particular blanket from a fellow trainer who uses it on her dogs (and herself), but Violet's PT said that at the orthopedic clinic she used to work at they didn't have as positive of an opinion. Her personal take is the loop works better. But I figure it's worth a shot. Even if we need to use them in combo, she really needs something to cover a larger area. Assisi Loop is making beds, but they're so much more expensive so we'll try this first. 

My vet has the bed, she figured she would use it enough to make it worth the money, plus the batteries on that are either changeable or rechargeable, I forget which. The tech also works for a guy who she says is “handy”, so she was going to give him one of her dead loops to play with and see if he could get the batteries changed. Have not yet heard back to see if he was successful, but Val has an appointment next week, I will ask then. 

Thx. I located a computer geek friend who is going to try to replace the batteries in the Loop. Will lyk how that goes. 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 5:57 PM, Bubbastruts said:

The batteries are common 2032. I am about to install external battery holders on mine. I have three loops. six dogs.

Edited by BillyB
typo

Here is the inside of the loop:

Image may contain: one or more people

The batteries are indeed C2023 but they are batteries with FEET. Who knew?

No photo description available.

Sorry these pics are so yuge, I did resize from ginormous to mini-ginormous :lol

Batteries with feet can be ordered here.

So do we have to wait until you order batteries to find out if you're successful? 

Once the batteries (with feet) arrive and my computer friend gets settled after relocating, we’ll see how it goes.