Rocket (Hi Noon Rocket) 11/24/05 – 10/8/18

Time4ANap

I am so very sorry. Loved the Rocket stories. He will be missed and mourned by many. Wishing you peace.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I can’t begin to tell you how sad this is and how sorry I am for your loss. You made Rocket come to life on this forum, and although I never met Rocket on your travels to the beach, I also felt I knew him too.

I wish I had words of comfort, but I don’t. But I am thinking of you and know how difficult and painful it will be to learn to adjust to life without Rocket. Sending both of you (((hugs)))

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I really am not as eloquent as a lot of the people here, but please know that my heart is broken to see that Rocket has left for the Bridge. I am so, so sorry. He was another of my favorites and I loved reading about his exploits. He was quite a guy and will be sorely missed. Run Free Rocket and enjoy all that banilla eyescream. :f_red We will take care of Lexie for you.

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

I'm so sorry.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

So sorry to read of your loss. Heart dogs work from the bridge to bring us joy. I'm sure they make the grieving stronger and more healing so that those happy memories never fade. We had a lovely brindle heart dog called 'Angel' who went to the bridge in 2009; she's helping me even now.

:bighug

I'm so sorry for your loss. Rocket is and will forever be a fan favourite here at Greytalk. It is so sad to see the "original pack" of dogs that were here when I first started coming to this site crossing over the bridge. :( Run free big boy.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Rocket was a legend here. I’ll never forget the wedding :). I didn’t think I’d be able to read your tribute since I’m still grieving for sweet Ronee that had the same hind end weakness and difficulties that rocket did. Beautiful tribute that made me ashamed I wasn’t as able to express emotions And find beautiful words about our sweetest Ronee. Too many special losses this last couple weeks.......our hearts with you.

This is truly a sad time for all Greytalkers. Rocket has been a staple for so long it's like everyone

on here knew him personally. So sorry for you and everyone that loved him.

Rest well sweet boy. You had a good, long life and your people will miss you forever, as will

all of us that were always entertained by your antics.

Sad, sad time :(

I'm so very sorry for your loss. That's woefully inadequate, but then we all know that everything is inadequate in the face of such a loss.

Lucy, who also loved a Gable Dodge boy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Some dogs are just larger than life...and that was Rocket. I am so sorry for your loss, and so grateful to have "known" him through GT. Thank you for sharing him with us over the years. :beatheart:brokenheart

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

I don't think that any of us will truly be able to find words to express our sadness. But you have found the words again, and again he's with us, part of a large and loving family. If ever a dog and a human were meant to be together, it was you and Rocket. He was larger than life, and made many people smile because you shared him so beautifully with his devoted fans. I'm so very sorry you lost your precious Rocket.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm sobbing at work. Just crushed for you and Chris. Rocket is among so many who adore him, and he will be fine - I'm just so sad for you. I understand that intense grief all too well. Hugs to you, thank you for sharing your beloved boy with us.

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

My heart is broken for you. GT will not be the same without him. DesiRay attended his/Lexie's wedding & can attest to the fact that a greyt time was had by all.

He slept for a week after that night in Vegas. We never stop missing them, but what a blessing it has been to be able to share their lives for as long as we can.

Happy Trails, handsome Rocket.......may your afterworld be pain free, & full of french fries & ice cream.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Thank you everyone. A special thank you to Sweep's Mom for updating Rocket's Greyhound Data page.

To those of you who haven't been able to post for your own hounds, I get it. Believe me, I get it. I could not have done my post about Rocket if I hadn't started it early, and by the time it was done I was unable to even focus through my contacts. They were washed out from tears and sobbing over a 3 day period before he left. There have been even more since.

I never realized how many people knew or followed my boy and loved him too. Between Chris' Facebook folks and my GreyTalk post, there have been over 1800 views / responses, etc on the 2 sites. In addition, the messages of support received from everyone here and through PM's, email and even a couple of deliveries that arrived unexpectedly at out house are truly humbling.

Again, thank you each and every one. I am not up to responding to individual posts right now, but you can be assured that Chris and I have read every one several times and will continue to find comfort in them. The house is just way too quiet now. Almost eerie.

We love our greyhound family. Hug your hounds.

Don and Chris

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Your boy was truly famous. We all all broke ob de hart. :brokenheart

All of the Whirled Famuss Unruly Boys Chat Club cannot get over the loss.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound