Rocket (Hi Noon Rocket) 11/24/05 – 10/8/18

Time4ANap

Missr. Don and Miss. Chris we ar sorry that yur Rocket man hadd to leeve yu butt we kno that yu made the best deesishun fower him and now he iz enjoying ise kreem upp att the Bridge. Nutmeg and me were in awe ov his ability to get ise kreem and french fries 'cos we ar KNOT allowed them butt he gott them awl the time!

We were KNOT here wen Rocket and Lexie gott marrieed but Banjo told me awl about itt and how he was proud to support Rocket Ov The Dezzert on such a speshul day and to sing and play fower him and Lexie.

We send likky kissis to boff ov yu,

Chancey and Nutmeg.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

I was horrified and very deeply saddened to learn of yours and OUR loss of Rocket. He was such a wonderful part of life, when tuning into Greytalk. Thank you for sharing Rocket's story. I hadn't heard it before. Your paths were meant to cross. You were so lucky he found you and you him!!

I just wish that our babies could stay longer.

So, So sorry for your loss.

Oh Rocket, what a good boy you were. You will be missed by so many. Run free sweet man.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

Don and Chris, a few years ago I was planning to visit Phoenix for my aunt's 90th birthday until an east coast snowstorm canceled my flight. Although I was saddened to not visit my aunt, I could never let her know that I was even more disappointed to miss out on a chance to meet Rocket.

Farewell, sweet Rocket. You were a very good boy.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I already sent my condolences on FB, but I want to do it here too. My heart sank when I saw Rocket's name. I wouldn't believe it at first. He will always be a Greytalk favorite. I always think of Rocket when I get fries.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sorry to see Rocket's name here... many hugs to you...

Rocket will always be remembered on GT - he's one of the celebrities...

:f_white

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

2 years ago today this wonderful boy had to leave us.  While it still feels like yesterday and I miss him like he just left us, he is still making me laugh every day when I think of his antics and the number of ways he "worked the system" to put one over on me all the time. 

If I reached in my pocket he assumed I was getting car keys and ran to the door, he was always ready for a ride.  If I said the word "gas," he ran to the door because going to fill-up the car was his job. If we were discussing getting burgers from a fast food place, the question "What do you want on it?" made him jump up from the bed and go to the door because he knew there would be a ride to the drive-thru.  The words "walk" or "ride" caused him to fly through the house to the back door, even if they were only being used in casual conversation. There were times that we had to go for both after accidentally saying one or the other. 

I also hate having a whole banana to myself.  He never begged for human food except for his love of French Fries. I can still picture the drool running on my leg as he hovered over my lap for one fry after another. He also showed up in front of me every night at 8:15 on the dot because he wanted his ice cream. He got a spoonful or two each night and then went out for his last turnout.  At about 4:30 each morning he got up and took a tour of the house, checking each room to make sure that everything was okay. I called him "The Night Watchman" when he started doing that.  At least now these things bring a smile or a laugh and not as many tears as they used to.  He's shown up in dreams at times and I wake up thinking he is still here and look over to his bed, only to find Petunia or Kate.  He will definitely always be here.  

We love you and miss you buddy. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Oh, how these marvelous dogs find a way to amuse us, causing both pain and delight at remembering their past antics.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

We miss him too. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

What a wonderful update for his remembrance this year.  Isn't it amazing how they teach us some of the most important things from the bridge? You are right, he taught you well. He will be with you always. His presence on this forum is still palpable.  Rocket is still a part of us all and oh how wonderful that is. God bless you and Rocket! Always loved. Never forgotten. :beatheart:kiss2:ghplaybow:beatheart

such a special boy he was! :kiss2 :kiss2  glad you have so many good memories to keep him alive forever :grouphug 

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway