Sudden Death Of Our Baby

Guest TheNamesTy45

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a beautiful tribute to such a beautiful girl. I shed tears along with you. She certainly had a wonderful life, albeit way too short. I am so sorry

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Im so deeply feeling this for you. This brought tears to my eyes. I can just see how loved she is by you both and hope that you will find solace and comfort in time. Please dont hesitate to post as you wish to reminisce, process, and more. We are all in this together.

Im happy you all are looking to continue loving these wonderful animals. <3

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was much too young.

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)

How awful for you. I am sure it never crossed your mind that you would be making this post about a 4 year old.. I lost my Penny this year. She too was young. It hurts so much doesnt it. HUGS to you.

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I'm so very sorry - too young & too sudden...

Please come back here to GT when you can - we all know what you're going through as we've all been through it ourselves...

Many hugs... f_yellow

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

TY45 and family,

tey are such a special breed, we lost out 9 year old boy the week after your post. and it was his quick decline over a week, and i felt that was sudden. i am so sorry for the passing of Moonshine, she was a beautiful girl.

Peggy - Pete (Wild Pan Thief), Remy (Exotic Ziricote) Buddy the Golden 11-26-04 to 9-18-15, the KATZ - Ozzy, Freckles, Jake and Elwood Hubba, Desert Tortoises Tortilita, and Athena. and when I figure out how to make a PET collage they will all be included in this signature. I included my 2 most recent fosters. Marie a sweet darling of a girl. And Willie, a dog I want to keep. He is a loveable mushy boy.

c696c116-3584-4443-ba69-446cbc22cba8_zps

• 2 weeks later...

I'm soo sorry for your loss. Though she was in your life for a short time, you gave her the best world she could know. In that time, she gave you so much. Just know she is running free at the bridge and painfree. Hugs to you!

Kathy, Bo (SK's Bozo), and Angels Storm (Greys Big Storm), Grace (Rise to Glory) and Sky(Greys Sky Dove),

My dog believes I go to work for their food and treats.

We lost our 10 year old hound suddenly in September. I'm sorry for your loss. It is so hard. The people here on greytalk really helped me. What also helped our family was putting together a memory book on Shutterfly. Now we have a nice book we can open and look at whenever we want to remember our Max.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Awww sweet Moonshine. Gosh, I know Im late reading this but Im so very sorry...crying my eyes out. It hurts so much to lose them at any age, but suddenly like that, and at such a young age makes no sense. My heart goes out to you.

Edited by tiffwee

• 1 month later...

I hate that this is my first post here, but I feel like I need to get this out to help the healing.

Yesterday my wife and I lost our first Greyhound suddenly. She was a beautiful vibrant 4 year old girl named Moonshine. We only had her for three months, but her sweet personality made it feel like we had her for 30 years, and we're completely lost without that baby. Her favorite things included swinging her rope toys around and launching them at the wall to chase after them, getting the zoomies upstairs and jumping into the beds at each end of the upstairs, peanut butter filled kongs when we went to work, and snuggling with us every second that we were home.

Yesterday, she was happy as could be and snuggled in bed with us for an hour as we pet her and woke up. The last thing she was doing was jumping from her bed to our rug downstairs because she was excited that I gave her her prized possession, a raw hide bone that she only got on the weekends because she'd chew on it until her gums bled if we left her with it too long.

During that excitement, she did something she NEVER did. She put the bone down within a few minutes of receiving it and laid down on her bed. She never let that thing go willingly, and I had to trick her with a treat to get it from her every time even if she had been chewing on it for two hours straight. Thinking nothing of it, I called her upstairs with me, and she brought the bone with her only to put it down again immediately in my office, she stood in the middle of my office and began crying (she never cries), so I figured she had to go pee.

She moved downstairs unusually slowly and after she finished peeing she held her squat shaking for another 10 - 15 seconds. That really helped me notice something was seriously off. She came in and slowly moved upstairs, but never picking her head up above her shoulders, just letting it slink down. She went into her bed next to my wife's and my bed and began crying and her muscles near her neck began to spasm. Within a minute she moved onto my wife's and my bed, this was the last time she ever moved by herself. We were immediately on the phone with a nearby vet who referred us to an animal hospital 12 minutes down the road. I called Moonshine to see if she would come with me downstairs. She tried moving her upper body, but her legs were completely paralyzed, and she couldn't stand so I carried her from upstairs into the car.

During the car ride, she was convulsing and her tongue turned completely blue and she foamed at the mouth. By the time we got her to the hospital she had stopped breathing. In the hospital they had to have a tube in her throat and pump to breathe for her, but they thought it was either an embolism or acute neck injury that could have happened while she was playing either from a genetic issue or old racing issue that was never noticed.

In about an hour our baby went from jumping for joy with a toy to gone. We weren't ready for this, but I just needed to post this somewhere for my sake to get this out. I'm sure all of you do, but just be sure to give your pups extra love. You never know when the time could come. Spoil them, love on them, and give them everything that they deserve. Do me a favor. For Moonshine, please just go hug your dogs now and give them a kiss. Let them know how much you love them and how lucky you are to have them. We don't deserve dogs, but we're so lucky that they think we do. Mommy and Daddy love you Moonshine, you may have only won one race, but you will always be #1 in our hearts.

nqKbghYl.jpg

So very sorry...beautiful, beautiful girl. Godspeed.