Anyone Used Treatibles Cbd Treats?

Rocket's vet has suggested we try giving him some chews called Treatibles which is a CBD treat although for marketing purposes they are called a Hemp Treat. She has had several patients who have seen some improvement in mobility and help with inflammation by using them. I know there are CBD oils and other related items, so I'm primarily looking for feedback on this particular product if anyone has used it.

Thanks!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

We tried them for Indy's thunderphobia and didn't see a difference even when we gave more than the suggested dose. Fortunately we're (finally) leaving thunderstorm season, but next year I might try the oil itself like Remolacha suggests.

If you want to give it a try though, happytailpetsupply.com has trial sizes so you don't have to jump right in with a big bag.

CBD oil has an ever increasing wave of positive accolades from pet owners whose pets it has helped significantly for a wide variety of issues. I have had no need to try it yet as my dogs are all healthy praise the Lord! but it is definitely on my go to list should any of them begin having any pain or malady. For people who are concerned about legal issues you can substitute PEA (palmitoylethanolamide) which is the 'active' ingredient of CBD but which is totally legal everywhere. Dr Edward Bassingthwaighte "The Healing Vet" has quite a bit of info on his FB page regarding it. Treatibles may not have enough potency if it is not giving results.

I looked at them when I wanted to use CBD with Zuri, but the number of treats you would have to give to get to any sort of effect seemed ridiculous and cost prohibitive so I went for a capsule form from a different company.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Thanks everyone. The chews were going to be a temporary attempt to get some CBD in him until the vet gets back in town since I can pick them up locally. The vet is going to be prescribing a stronger product called HempRx that requires a prescription when she gets back in town.

Rocket is starting to struggle at times, mostly when trying to get up from lying down. He is on Gabapentin and we are still doing Adequan injections along with cold laser treatments. Those things are still helping. We are at that weird stage where sometimes I think that he won't be here much longer and an hour later I catch him running a race in the back yard with a big smile on his face. I'm at the point where we will try anything that may help with pain or inflammation.

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Do you have access to/have you tried acupuncture? It's been a huge help both for Zuri with his LS and for Violet with her disc issues.

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Thanks everyone. The chews were going to be a temporary attempt to get some CBD in him until the vet gets back in town since I can pick them up locally. The vet is going to be prescribing a stronger product called HempRx that requires a prescription when she gets back in town.

Rocket is starting to struggle at times, mostly when trying to get up from lying down. He is on Gabapentin and we are still doing Adequan injections along with cold laser treatments. Those things are still helping. We are at that weird stage where sometimes I think that he won't be here much longer and an hour later I catch him running a race in the back yard with a big smile on his face. I'm at the point where we will try anything that may help with pain or inflammation.

Check into microlactin (Duralactin). It is 100% safe for longterm use even and has been shown in a study they did to be effective. Has worked good in my dogs to reduce inflammation pain and TBH I take it myself. It is also cheap if you buy it as the registered Microlactin product. The Duaralactin dog tabs (same thing) cost a lot more.

Do you have access to/have you tried acupuncture? It's been a huge help both for Zuri with his LS and for Violet with her disc issues.

Our Vet also does accupuncture. We haven't attempted it yet since Rocket is somewhat reactive to those who get in his personal space. The cold laser and Adequan have been working well until the last few days when he has been struggling a little more. I think he trusts the vet enough now to try it, but we weren;t even sure for a while that he was going to let her use the laser on him. We may try some accupuncture on her next house call depending on his mood. He loves the cold laser, so we may be able to follow that with accupuncture once he's kind of chilled out from the laser.

Check into microlactin (Duralactin). It is 100% safe for longterm use even and has been shown in a study they did to be effective. Has worked good in my dogs to reduce inflammation pain and TBH I take it myself. It is also cheap if you buy it as the registered Microlactin product. The Duaralactin dog tabs (same thing) cost a lot more.

Thanks. Will check it out.

Violet started to dislike the acupuncture after a few treatments where her muscles were really tight and the needles going in bothered her. So now we do exactly that - cold laser to relax her, then the acupuncture - and she does much better with that. For a while we also timed her massage/PT treatments to be a few days before acupuncture so her muscles wouldn't be so bad. Now that she's doing better we don't really have to worry about that, but we do still do the cold laser first.

The vet also used the smaller (cat I think?) needles for a while because those weren't as likely to make her feel funny. And we discovered that unlike everything else, she was happier standing up to have the needles put in, rather than having the vet get on the bed with her. She has no qualms about people on the bed with her for anything else include blood draws, but for acupuncture, she stands. :dunno I also feed a lot of cheese or chicken the entire time. With all of those changes she's back to going willingly into the acupuncture room and tolerates it really well.

We use microlactin. I buy it from Swanson's for a decent price. I have no idea if it helps her, but other than money it doesn't do any harm so we continue to give it. Vetri-science also has a product called VetriDisc that we added in recently. I'm not sure what exactly Rocket's issue is, but that might also be one to check out.

Violet started to dislike the acupuncture after a few treatments where her muscles were really tight and the needles going in bothered her. So now we do exactly that - cold laser to relax her, then the acupuncture - and she does much better with that. For a while we also timed her massage/PT treatments to be a few days before acupuncture so her muscles wouldn't be so bad. Now that she's doing better we don't really have to worry about that, but we do still do the cold laser first.

The vet also used the smaller (cat I think?) needles for a while because those weren't as likely to make her feel funny. And we discovered that unlike everything else, she was happier standing up to have the needles put in, rather than having the vet get on the bed with her. She has no qualms about people on the bed with her for anything else include blood draws, but for acupuncture, she stands. :dunno I also feed a lot of cheese or chicken the entire time. With all of those changes she's back to going willingly into the acupuncture room and tolerates it really well.

We use microlactin. I buy it from Swanson's for a decent price. I have no idea if it helps her, but other than money it doesn't do any harm so we continue to give it. Vetri-science also has a product called VetriDisc that we added in recently. I'm not sure what exactly Rocket's issue is, but that might also be one to check out.

Thanks. Good info. Rocket injured his lumbar area while running in the yard about 8 weeks ago. I don;t know what he did as I didn't see it happen. Since that time his legs will sometimes go out (various legs - no rhyme or reason) but when it first happened he couldn't get up at all for about 6 hours. One of the issues we face is that he can no longer get in and out of a vehicle without aggravating that injury, so the vet who comes to the house is on his turf when trying to treat him. Given that he trusts her with the laser now, I think we may be able to try the acupuncture. He will end up standing the whole time as well. He does not like anyone getting hear him when laying down. He will snuggle up to me on the floor on his own terms once in a while, but more often than not he wants no one near him, especially trying to do something to him. Standing and leashed is the only way we get anything done without someone getting bitten or growled at. .

We have also walked across the street to a neighbor's garage where he knows there are treats to get him off of his own turf and that has also worked, so we do have some options for trying. Just curious, how long do they leave Violet's needles in?

Conner had acupuncture for the first time last week and she used the little cat needles on him. I think she left them in about 30 min. but she was ready to pull them out if he looked like he was getting antsy. I think when Fletcher used to get needled it was about 45 min.

Conner had acupuncture for the first time last week and she used the little cat needles on him. I think she left them in about 30 min. but she was ready to pull them out if he looked like he was getting antsy. I think when Fletcher used to get needled it was about 45 min.

Thanks. She is a little apprehensive about doing this on Rocket. Something about wanting to keep all of her fingers or something like that... :bgeorge

Thanks. She is a little apprehensive about doing this on Rocket. Something about wanting to keep all of her fingers or something like that... :bgeorge

Meh, fingers. :lol

I think her needles stay in around 20-30 minutes depending on what the staff is doing on a given day. She just lays on her bed until they come in to take them out.