Hello From Derbyshire Uk

HeyRunDog

I've finally taken the plunge and joined GT after several weeks of browsing the forums.

I adopted a lovely gentle black ex-racing greyhound called Grace about 15 weeks ago from the Greyhound Trust at Monmore Green near Wolverhampton, She is recovering from the third operation on one of her front paws to remove some deeply embedded grit from her racing days which was causing abscesses. Hopefully for her and my bank balance she is now OK.

I will post a picture of her when I can defeat my browser settings.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

:welcome2from me and Ken in London, and we will look forward to seeing photos of gentle Grace soon! I usually use this site for posting photos on Greytalk: https://postimages.org/

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Welcome to you and Grace from the southeastern USA. Poor Grace with her foot abcesses -- that sounds painful. Is she leaving her wounds or bandages alone?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

:welcome2 from Miami, Florida, U.S.A.! Hope Grace's foot heals quickly and well.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Addicted Send Help I see that one of your greyhounds was called Barefoot Doctor which seems a bit of a coincidence as Grace's (racing name Ardera Coleen) father was Barefoot James.

After a bit of research I found out that Barefoot James's father was Droopys Kewell whose father was Larkhill Jo and mother was Tinas Beauty. Tinas Beauty and Rio Ricardo were the parents of Barefoot Doctor.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

:wave Hello and welcome from Maryland USA, in the suburbs right outside of Washington DC! I hope Grace is feeling better soon!

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Thank you all for your best wishes for Grace. I've posted a more detailed account in the Health and medical forum titled Grace's Poor Paw.

Addicted Send Help I see that one of your greyhounds was called Barefoot Doctor which seems a bit of a coincidence as Grace's (racing name Ardera Coleen) father was Barefoot James.

After a bit of research I found out that Barefoot James's father was Droopys Kewell whose father was Larkhill Jo and mother was Tinas Beauty. Tinas Beauty and Rio Ricardo were the parents of Barefoot Doctor.

:) nice to have a relative in common!

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Hello from greyhound Chancey and whippet lurcher Nutmeg down here in Dorset.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.