New Grey Mom From Virginia!

Guest usmcvet

Hello All!

I have been coming to these pages for the last month looking for advice, tips, etc. and have always gotten great info, so I decided to join! We adopted our first retired racer grey last month and are looking to add another next month. We have had different breeds of dogs throughout the years, but I honestly can't imagine life without greys now! I'm very happy to have found a group of folks who are as obsessed with grey poop as I am...LOL. I look forward to getting to know you!

:welcome2 from the Sunshine State!

Looking forward to getting to know you and your pups.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Welcome! Tell us about the grey you have, and the one you're looking to add. I always say that having 2 hounds is definitely twice the expense as 1, but 0 times more trouble, and 4 times more fun.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Thank you for the warm welcome!! I cant figure out how to post pics, but my grey is formally named PG EL JIMADOR...aka Jimmy, liquid boy, beefy cheeks, thicc...lol. We went through Paws on the Mountain and they are amazing! I walk him a mile in the morning and a mile at night. He is a character! Very affectionate but no facial expression...he would be great at poker! He is 3 years old, 75 pounds, shiny black and is very thin coated. Very muscular and he doesnt shed at all. Always quick out of the gate on the track but at turn three just said...Okay, Im done...We went to a grey meet and greet and he didnt want to leave...he whined the whole way home. Thats when we knew he needed a companion . We are looking to get a female for him. He seems to gravitate more towards them. He is an awesome couch potato pal!!

There's a couple of pics of your Jimmy on his Greyhound Data page: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=PC+el+jimador&sex=&color=&birthyear=&birthland= Very, very handsome!

One of my hounds was black and came from the adoption kennel with almost bald butt and very thin fur on his thighs. With a little extra oil in his diet and regular grooming, he became sleek and furry.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Welcome, usmcvet, from Jacksonville/Camp Lejeune! Hubby is USMC retired.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png