Sign in to follow this  
ramonaghan

Feather The Greyhound Earns Guinness World Record

Yikes! :yikes That's over 6 ft. Maybe she's an Ibizan disguised as a Greyhound? ;) There must be a dome over the yard at home. :lol

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

75 inches, or 6 ft 3". All the galgas and galgos are out there saying, "That's nothing!" and backing up and kicking those rear legs, ready to take on the title.

Adding: Feather is a great name for a grey.

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, Milo, and Jeter

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, and Nutmeg

Feather's "sister" Geronimo is also quite impressive; check out these jump rope skills: https://twitter.com/GWR/status/1038311473787822080?s=20

75 inches, or 6 ft 3". All the galgas and galgos are out there saying, "That's nothing!" and backing up and kicking those rear legs, ready to take on the title.

Ha! True.

49001591033_2aaeeba8f4_o.jpg

Rachel with Sweep and kitties Olive and Momo.
Always missing my boys Mud and
Henry

Wow! I wonder what kind of fence she has at home.

Kenna and Kili jump almost 5' at SuperDogs with ease. One section of our fence is damaged and is only about 3 feet and neither have ever thought about jumping it. Often, if you don't ask them to do something and they have no good reason to do it on their own... they just won't.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Both dogs are very impressive.

Lexi (mom to Nok, the former feral black kitty)

Kenna and Kili jump almost 5' at SuperDogs with ease. One section of our fence is damaged and is only about 3 feet and neither have ever thought about jumping it. Often, if you don't ask them to do something and they have no good reason to do it on their own... they just won't.

Ah, thanks! Was hoping you'd see this and weigh in. :)

49001591033_2aaeeba8f4_o.jpg

Rachel with Sweep and kitties Olive and Momo.
Always missing my boys Mud and
Henry

That jump is a thing of beauty for sure, and the dog clearly enjoys doing it! On the other hand...Geronimo is a scream! It's not just "jump rope"...it's Double Dutch jump rope! Way too cute

Yes! Nobody tell GreyhoundPoet's Beezers, it will give them ideas! :hehe

I already have an 8ft fence because they jump straight up significantly taller than 6ft to grab at birds. They are living pogo sticks. :lol:

Congrats to Feather and her people though. :) There is lots of training and conditioning and love there.

Edited by GreytHoundPoet

Regardless of which breed can technically jump higher, it's the greyhound in the record books with the successful recorded leap. Kudos to Feather!

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Regardless of which breed can technically jump higher, it's the greyhound in the record books with the successful recorded leap. Kudos to Feather!

Nice!

Both of her dogs look like they are so happy! It's obvious she's a great trainer :)

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)