Grey Safe? Easy Defense Flea And Tick Tag

Guest Nephofthewoods

Guest Nephofthewoods

Has anyone used the easy defense natural flea and tick tag? Im looking for a fairly forgettable solution for fleas and ticks and these last about a year in all. If anyone has used this did their dogs have reactions to it?

I Googled that product and I would not use it. https://www.onlynaturalpet.com/products/Only-Natural-Pet-EasyDefense-Flea-Tick-Tag/999024.aspx

The description is a little to "quantum" for me.

The EasyDefense Tag contains silicon dioxide particles that are encoded with frequencies that are emitted over time. Once the tag is removed from its electro-magnetic shielded envelope and placed on your pet's collar, encoded frequencies will synchronize with your pet's own unique biological frequency, repelling fleas, ticks, mosquitoes and other biting insects, while also supporting their immune system. The process operates with quantum mechanic's refined frequencies and is similar to the basic principles of homeopathy. (It does NOT use traditional energy forms like electrical, chemical, thermal, magnetic, or radioactive.)

It is the result of more than 15 years of targeted research in collaboration with renowned doctors and scientists. This quantum energy approach has been used in Europe for many years to enhance human health and wellness through the energizing of objects, water, drinks, and supplements. The result is a unique pest repelling tag that is completely safe for dogs and cats of all ages.

spacer.gif

I'll stick to a Seresto collar.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

when it comes to ticks you want something that is really tested and tried and true. dealing with lyme disease and other tick borne diseases is NOT fun nor healthy. check out the other posts as to what people are having success with.

seresto works for my greyhound. my whippet reacted, i did get a full refund from bayer and he's using frontline plus now with out a problem.

Guest Nephofthewoods

Seresto looks like a good option this time I’m thinking, you don’t react to the collar at all? (My mom used to have a reaction to the collars with our old dog)

Older collars were bad, especially anything by Hartz.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

if you want to play it safe, which is what i did, you can open the collar and leave it out. then i would put it on the dog for a couple of hours a day for 3-5 days then the entire day, every other day for 3-5 days then leave it on. it's not necessary but my male is old, has lyme/anaplasmosis and i didn't want to take any chances. i was shocked at how the fleas were evicted immediately.

the way the collar works it the chemicals produce a harsh environment for the fleas/ticks. basically they(not the dog) feel a mild electric current and won't attach. some dogs who are sensitive may have this sensation and then they begin to scratch their neck. i found out from poison control when i was discussing the side effects of a Pic Mosquito stick that the wisenheimer chewed up. i mentioned my concern about the crazy one reacting to the pyrethrum in the stick and how he reacted to the seresto collar. so, that's the low down on the collar.

Seresto is a great option as a collar. They have finally figured out how to get enough umph out of the collar to cover the whole dog and not just the neck area. Certainly worth a try IMO (I plan to use it next year as I've been researching this year). Otherwise you can use Bravecto which is administered every few months as opposed to monthly.

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015