Healthy Paws Massive Rate Increase

seeh2o

It's that time again. Just got my rate increase. 50%, from $147 to $221, an increase of $75/mo. This is criminal. I'm going to reach out to someone at the state level about this. Does anyone know the best agency to contact? Or should I try government representatives? 

In the meantime, I'm stuck with them since Violet is 12 and Skye is 10, but I can sure as heck guarantee I will never ensure another dog with this company again. I'm so disgusted as I promoted this company to friends and clients for years. 

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had healthy paws for probably about 10 years.  I've seen bigger increases as my Greyhounds get older.  I recently took in a new 8 year old and the rate for him was going to be crazy hight, have a $A500 deductible, and only cover at 50%.  I opted not to insure him because of the rotten deal offered.  Has anyone had any lucky with other pet insurance covering older dogs, especially when they would be new on a policy?

I must be the outlier here. We have had HP for about 5 years. Our policy for Sweep started at about $43 when she was 7 and just jumped from $73 to $93 with last month's annual increase. Not insignificant but nothing like what others are describing, and we've certainly submitted a ton of claims this year (though never much before this year). They've always processed the reimbursement really quickly too. So I don't know whether I'd recommend them or not based on all I have read here vs. my own experience. I'm sorry for those of you getting walloped by them.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart