Drontal Plus Canine Tablets Dosage

What is the dosage of Drontal Plus tabs., 136 mg for a 73 lb dog? How many doses?

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Pretty sure you only need one dose for most dogs. That was always the selling point of Drontal Plus.

Here is the FAQ for the medication., it looks like the dose now depends on which version of the pill/tablet you are using https://www.petbasics.com/dog-products/drontal-plus/product-detail/

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Pretty sure you only need one dose for most dogs. That was always the selling point of Drontal Plus.

Here is the FAQ for the medication., it looks like the dose now depends on which version of the pill/tablet you are using https://www.petbasics.com/dog-products/drontal-plus/product-detail/

1.5 is what i used. i remember since i have 1/2 pill sitting around....

This is my understanding from reading the insert. I found the instructions rather vague. 1 1/2 tabs once a month? Only when test is hookworm positive? Can they be crushed?

I want to be able to intelligently speak to the vet tomorrow. Lola has been plagued by hooks for a year. Vet ok'd use of Advantage Multi on 08/14 (replacing Trifexis) but, since fecal was negative, did not want to use Drontal at that time, I knew it was a false negative from just observing my dog but did not debate with the vet. Wish I had. I'm going to insist on a very aggressive approach using Advantage Multi and Drontal for several consecutive months before doing another fecal.

BTW - 5 pills came in the bottle.

Edited by LaFlaca

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

This is my understanding from reading the insert. I found the instructions rather vague. 1 1/2 tabs once a month? Only when test is hookworm positive? Can they be crushed?

I want to be able to intelligently speak to the vet tomorrow. Lola has been plagued by hooks for a year. Vet ok'd use of Advantage Multi on 08/14 (replacing Trifexis) but, since fecal was negative, did not want to use Drontal at that time, I knew it was a false negative from just observing my dog but did not debate with the vet. Wish I had. I'm going to insist on a very aggressive approach using Advantage Multi and Drontal for several consecutive months before doing another fecal.

BTW - 5 pills came in the bottle.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I had to use Drontal Plus one time for Rocket when something was waving back at me in one of his stools. it was a one-time treatment and it took care of the issue.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Sorry for the delay in responding. I had to use Drontal Plus one time for Rocket when something was waving back at me in one of his stools. it was a one-time treatment and it took care of the issue.

Thanks and ewwww!