Sign in to follow this  
smurfette

I Hate Balloons

Thursday evening when my husband was walking the dogs a hot air balloon appeared over the woods and nearly landed on top of them. Everyone panicked and Saoirse slipped her collar and took of.

We searched until dark (and after, too) but couldn't find her. No one had seen her. We asked everyone we met.

I decided to keep the house closed and the gate to the yard open hoping against hope she would find her way home. And she did - at 5.30 in the morning she was home. I had waited in the yard the whole time.

Torn pads and a light case of myoglobinuria is all that happened to her. I'm so happy to have her back.

Treatment at home because I can set a drip and was allowed to take her home over the week-end. Socks and salve for torn pads.

Monday we will be back at the vets.

33596044je.jpg

33596058wp.jpg

Edited by smurfette

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Andy (Riot Officer), Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice) and bridge angel Colin (Dessies Hero).

Wow! How scary for all of you! But what a clever girl to find her way home!

I hope she heals up quickly. She does look pretty cute in those socks.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, devoted Mistress to Lila (Good Looking)

How scary! Our Paulie was very frightened of balloons, too.

Irene Ullmann w/Shine and Odin in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul and Fuzzy
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Glad to read she found her way back to the love and safety of her home.

I totally agree that hot air balloons are scary as they sneak up over the trees and let out a frightful roar from the propane burner. I was in one once too, and it came down as an unexpected gust of wind blew the basket on a fence and tipped us all out!

She does wear those socks with aplomb. Gentle scritches.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

What a nightmare! Clever girl to find her way home. Get well soon beautiful Saoirse.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Glad Saoirse made it back. I don't think I have run across a hot air balloon, well, ever. But I'm sure Logan would freak out if one came down on top of us :-)

Rob
Logan - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (Aug. 4, 2004 - Jan. 11, 2018)

Glad this has a happy ending. Hope she's feeling better soon.

:nod:dogcookie

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees: Aiden. Bea. Punkin. Annie. Miss M. Cletus, knot like the others.

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno.Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Whew.

:getwell

I shudder think what could happen if a hot air balloon came anywhere near here. The ponies would not be impressed :yikes

Thankfully I have never heard of any around here.

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Nancy...Mom to Nigel (Nigel) , Sid (Peteles Tiger) and Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos)

Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie) and especially Ruby (Watch Me Dash) waiting at the Bridge.

NSK-Nov.jpg

Oh, poor little Saoirse. To be so scared, and to run so far and so hard. And then somehow to make her way back home, and there you were waiting for her. What a reunion that must have been, except she must have been so exhausted. Quiet, calming thoughts being sent to her, and to you. Is she eating anything?

My Baz passionately hated anything overhead -- birds, planes, squirrels in trees, hot air balloons.

My mother said her ride in a hot air balloon was eerily quiet, except for the sound of dogs barking down below.

Ellen, Milo, and Jeter

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, and Nutmeg

2ptxppe.jpg

Is she eating anything?

She loves food and she is eating fine (even boring ugly kidney diet). My girl is a trooper.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Andy (Riot Officer), Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice) and bridge angel Colin (Dessies Hero).

I'm immensely relieved that she found her way home. I hope she feels better soon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13); Greys Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07), Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17)

Thank Dog she made her way home. Running away like that is every owner's worst nightmare. I hope she doesn't have nightmares about balloons!

She is adorable in her little socks. What are you using to keep them up?

Stayed on the sofa during the night to be able to react as fast as possible if there was trouble. This sight greeted me this morning. I guess we are on a good way.

33600651ao.jpg

She is adorable in her little socks. What are you using to keep them up?

Isn't it strange? I can keep a whole conversation in English but don't know what these things are called. Very soft things normally used to tie ponytails. 😂

33600646vx.jpg

Edited by smurfette

Scrunchies!

lede.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
twoangelandpoppysigpic.png
------------Real Dogs Have Tattoos or Feathered Ears!-------------------
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

We have an annual air balloon race that passes overhead. Poppy is fascinated by the noisy things when they come close, she also enjoys fireworks & will sit in the garden watching from the best vantage point.

Sadly a couple years back a sighthound got scared, jumped a 6 ft. fence & ran away.

Balloons01.jpg

Balloons04.jpg

My favourite:

Balloons03.jpg

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
twoangelandpoppysigpic.png
------------Real Dogs Have Tattoos or Feathered Ears!-------------------
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

UPDATE

Saoirse's feet are so much better. She can walk without her little socks in the house. Outsides she still wears them.

Her blood levels are not as good as we hoped. 2 more days (and nights) on the drip. Next vet appointment on Wednesday morning.

I guess sleep has to wait till than.

Saoirse, keep on eating and keeping quiet so that all will be well. Let the drip do its magic.

Kronckew -- several of my dogs would have had heart attacks if they saw that many evil dangerous balloons floating palaces of death and destruction. Poppy is very intrepid, just to watch them and the fireworks.

Ellen, Milo, and Jeter

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, and Nutmeg

2ptxppe.jpg