Passive Constipation?

Hello! My 4-year-old Darla hasn't had any stomach troubles since we got her 2 years ago. Friday night, she vomited about half of her dinner a little while after eating. Since then, she hasn't vomited, doesn't have a tender stomach, has pink gums, has an appetite, is drinking water, acting normal but has pooped very little or none at all. Today's Monday and she still hasn't had a normal bowel movement since Friday afternoon. We boarded her Thursday night. I've checked all the signed of bloat and none of them are there. Any ideas? Thank you :)

Add some canned pumpkin (make sure it's not pumpkin pie filling) to Darla's meals until she self-regulates. Pumpkin is magical in that it works both on diarrhea and constipation.

You could also add psyllium husk to her meals for extra fiber.

A probiotic is a good addition, too. Lola gets -- VetriScience Laboratories Vetri Mega Probiotic, Digestive Support with Probiotics and Prebiotics for Dogs and Cats, 120 Capsules (2 Pack) daily.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Is she straining to go at all? Is what she does pass formed/normal or looser in consistency? She could have a partial blockage from something she ingested while boarding. Have you called to ask them if she could have eaten anything?

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."