Dog Toothpaste

It may be my imagination, but I have gotten better results with the Enzymatic C.E.T. toothpaste versus the Enzadent version. Any thoughts? I used Enzadent for about 6 months with no results. At the time, I was brushing once every other day, and then a dental chew every other day, with excellent results (using CET). The Enzadent did not produce the same results. Any thoughts, or personal experience?? Thanks!

Yes. I just returned from Mountain Hounds and attended 2 lectures by Dr. Queck. She is a graduate of Iowa State University, and has performed advanced dental procedures on pets since 1986. In 1993, she became a Fellow of the Academy of Veterinary Dentistry of which there are less than 100 members worldwide. She is most highly regarded in the field. She specifically recommended C.E.T. Enzymatic toothpaste. She said that the enzymes in it actually would release oxygen at the gum line when used.

I've been using the Petsmile toothpaste. I'm not sure what to look for as far as results go. I tried CET on the recommendation of others here and Percy hated it. He's probably tolerate it better now, just because he's easy and generally gets used to things. But the Petsmile is supposed to work just by getting it in their mouth. I have the CET tube still. I could rotate which one I use.

I've been using the Petsmile toothpaste. I'm not sure what to look for as far as results go. I tried CET on the recommendation of others here and Percy hated it. He's probably tolerate it better now, just because he's easy and generally gets used to things. But the Petsmile is supposed to work just by getting it in their mouth. I have the CET tube still. I could rotate which one I use.

Poultry flavor is reputed to be the favorite CET flavor of dogs....

I got the Sentry version, since I wasn't sure Johnny would tolerate brushing by me. It's poultry/chicken, enzymatic, and I have noticed a difference already in breath, gum inflammation, and eating much, much better.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

I noticed an ingredient in most dog toothpastes is sorbitol (sugar alcohol preservative). I understand this is also a laxative. I had received toothpaste samples from the vets office and used them for a few days. My hound happened to have bad diarrhea on these days. She didnt have more than a pea sized amount each day. Coincidence maybe? Thoughts? I did discontinue use just in case it was the toothpaste.

Thank you everyone, for your responses. It is now my opinion, that the CET works better. BTW, I used poultry flavor CET in the past,no problems with taste or diarrhea. The last time I purchased it, my Vet only had the vanilla mint. My pup has no preference for taste. It has a much more appealing smell to my nose as well