Sky Is Running At The Bridge

gr8kids

With a heavy 1f493.png💓 and tears rolling down my face, I said goodbye to my little girl so she could run painfree at the rainbow bridge on 6/9/18, moving on to her next life. Sky you have been a part of my life for over 9 years. You were meant to be for me, from the beginning you were a healer, a caretaker, protector, a lover and reminded me to play and have fun. I remember when I brought you home and the face Storm gave me. She looked at me like this wasn't the same dog we met at the farm. You were now playful and full of life, at the farm you were in heat with a small dog bothering you all the time. You helped through my ups and downs with my treatments, laying across my lap when I would come home to make sure I rested. You felt it was your job to protect both Storm and myself and would not let us meet any other dogs in the neighborhood. You were there to help me get through Storm's CA and passing. You welcomed in Grace who was sick from day one and helped her get well and give her the best last few years of her life. You were there for me and the family when both Dad and Mom passed. You welcomed in Bo, the two of you were a greyt team. You made every day a little brighter. Sky you had a big heart that loved everyone, except the pups, if they got too close. You had no problem telling them you were the Alpha! You were the one I would come home to and you would bark only if something was wrong, you would tattletail on the other. I remember when you and Storm had your own party and pulled out and opened all the dog food and treat samples I had from a convention. I know you were the one who watched as Storm did most of the damage and eating the prizes. I loved how your eyes would tell your story, asking for an adjustment from Dr. Stimac​ or wanting your massage from Mary​​. You were always gracious and gave a thank you kiss. You also stood close to the door at meet & greets to make sure they saw you and gave you some attention so they can learn about greyhounds. I named you my 'happy girl' because you had spunk and were full of life. You loved going for walks and meeting the neighbors and then patiently lay in the grass while I had a conversation. You loved to go for rides and travel. I will never forget our first trip and it was to Myrtle Beach and the hotel floor was tiled and you jumped from one bed to the other to avoid walking on the floor, just like a child. You even were fed standing on the bed. You loved the sand at sunrise. You loved to play with your stuffies and pounce on them. Oh you were full of life. Oh, but your aching bones and weak back legs made it hard to jump on the bed, go down the stairs, walk a half a block, or pounce on your stuffy. Your eyesight worsening making stairs more difficult. Your love and 1f493.png💓were not wanting to give up but your body did. I set you free to play and run and pounce again with no pain. My heart has a huge hole in it missing you.

Sky until the day comes that we meet again, run free, you will always be my 'happy girl'! Thank you for gracing my life for so many years. I love you! 2764.png Bo and I will go on but a day won't go by when I don't think of you and missing your little kisses and your gentle 'woof'! Run free little girl.

Kathy, Bo (SK's Bozo), and Angels Storm (Greys Big Storm), Grace (Rise to Glory) and Sky(Greys Sky Dove),

My dog believes I go to work for their food and treats.

I am so sorry your pretty little girl had to leave you :cry1 :cry1 sending hugs. :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Your tribute is just beautiful, so tightly packed with enormous love. I am very sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Run free Sky, you took such good care of your Momma, it is time to be young again.

I am heartbroken she had to be set free but happy to hear she is doing well and will be visiting you.

It hurts so much to let them go but we bring them into our lives knowing that some day our hearts will be broken. All the wonderful days in between hopefully will give you comfort in your time of sorrow.

Hugs to you and Bo.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, beautiful Sky.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so very sorry.

Godspeed Sky.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

What a lovely tribute! The love you shared shines through in every word. Your precious Sky was a heart healer, and in time, that enormous empty space left by her passing will be filled with so many beautiful memories. I'm so sorry you lost your sweet lady.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown