Proud New Member From Wisconsin

Hello all! I have been reading posts on this forum almost daily since adopting my beautiful brindle girl in October 2017. Finally decided to join in on the discussions :) Thank you everyone for posting! I am a first time Greyhound owner. I will be forever grateful for this site and the words of wisdom shared by the members. My girl has made tremendous improvements in her health since adopting her thanks to tips and tricks shared here. I also want to give a shout out to those who foster. Your time, love and commitment is so appreciated.

Welcome from Germany. Do you perhaps have a picture of your girl?

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Where in Wisconsin?

We split our time between the Marshfield area and Fond du Lac.

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

I am working on getting a pic uploaded.

We are located in Milwaukee. I see Greyhounds in MKE here and there but haven’t gotten to chit chat with anyone yet.

I know there are Meet 'n Greets in Brookfield, HAWS in Waukesha, and Glendale.

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

I know there are Meet 'n Greets in Brookfield, HAWS in Waukesha, and Glendale.

Thank you for the info! I would love to attend with my little brindle, however I am waiting to get a few clean fecals first ;-) I have been 7 months patient but a little bummed to be missing event opportunities.

I like seeing all the warm greetings! Thanks all :)

Welcome and hello from Sun Prairie Wi.

Edited by JaimeL

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

Look at all these Wisconsinites (Wisconsiners?) turning out! Welcome from SW Virginia, too. Is your girl's name Dutchess, or is that you? :)

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Look at all these Wisconsinites (Wisconsiners?) turning out! Welcome from SW Virginia, too. Is your girl's name Dutchess, or is that you? :)

I just made up the username since my girl is petite and has “Dutch” in her racing name. She is treated and acts like royalty that’s for sure.

Your boys are beautiful by the way.

I visit Green Bay often for Packer’s games. Always a good time!

We do group greyhound walks around Lambeau Field in the winter since it is a big, snow free area. We walked a couple times at the new Titletown District park too. It's not No Dogs Allowed, but security freaked out at our group of about 12 dogs because they were "peeing on everything" and we haven't been back since.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Welcome! I am originally from Hudson, WI, other side of the state, and now live in Arizona.

I don't have a greyhound yet, just applied with the agency, but the people here are so kind and are a FOUNTAIN of knowledge! I feel much more confident applying now that I have had time to ask all my questions here.

Congrats on your girl and I look forward to pictures!

Alyse with Archer (KB's Harper)

We do group greyhound walks around Lambeau Field in the winter since it is a big, snow free area. We walked a couple times at the new Titletown District park too. It's not No Dogs Allowed, but security freaked out at our group of about 12 dogs because they were "peeing on everything" and we haven't been back since.

LOL Security should loosen up a little when it comes to the hounds Your winter group/pack walks sound fun!

Welcome! I am originally from Hudson, WI, other side of the state, and now live in Arizona.

I don't have a greyhound yet, just applied with the agency, but the people here are so kind and are a FOUNTAIN of knowledge! I feel much more confident applying now that I have had time to ask all my questions here.

Congrats on your girl and I look forward to pictures!

Thank you.

I hope you get to visit WI still :) I give credit to those who can move to warmer states. I couldn’t handle the heat lol

That’s really exciting that you are looking into getting a Greyhound! They sure are life changing Good luck with everything.

Welcome! I'm in Manitowoc, WI.

Sara formerly on Greytalk as Mommyof3
Gone, but still part of our family and always in our hearts:
Bruiser Isa Comander To 6/23/91-11/20/03 Sandy NSK Special Up 10/19/89-6/13/04 Beau Bdk's Boo Boo 1/1/93-12/15/06 Cooney Lars Dbltakedean 11/1/93-1/23/07
Buddy 2/9/1997-11/16/09 Joe Elkhart Joe 11/7/99-12/2/10 Alex Streakin Diablo 4/17/02-4/1/11 Brother Hylife Brother 9/26/97-2/28/12

Comanche Gil's Comanche 6/7/2005-11/7/2015 Molly 4/8/2011-4/13/2018

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome! I live in Hartland now, but originally from Milwaukee.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Thank you! Youre not too far.

Where are you exactly? There is another grey owner that lives in Hartland too.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17