Hubcitypam

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was such a horrible death with all the vomiting and seizures. Dallas Animal Services told the patrolman that came out that they'll do a necropsy for free, but it could have been a couple of cloves of garlic. NOT. I found the towel I mopped up the huge vomit in and it is full of chicken wing meat. Not sure if the logistics of getting him from Mesquite to the far side of Dallas. I am more and more suspecting my next door neighbor.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

I'm so incredibly sorry, Pam. What a horrible way to lose a dog. He was incredibly lucky to have found you after what he'd been through. I wish he could have stayed much longer.

Godspeed Barkley.

Take care Pam. :grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Im so sorry for your tragic loss, Pam. What horrible people to do that to a dog.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

The next door neighbor is acting so weird that I am afraid for my own safety. He was over here with veiled threats a month ago when he was cited for trash in his yard saying he knew it was me. He said no one was ever going to get him for anything. Code came back Thursday on a follow up and Barkley was poisoned Friday morning. Since then neither him, his girlfriend or his daughter will speak to me. I know my imagination is working overtime. but I'm locking off the dog door tonight and checking the yard before P2 goes out in the morning.

Pam, if Pitu will do his business on leash, you may want walk him on the opposite side of the yard away from the scary neighbor. Have you told the police you're afraid of him? If so, what did they say?

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I told DPD that I was afraid of the neighbor and they noted his name. I can't access the case # until tomorrow. Like I said P2 does his business up by the deck of his own choosing. Now that it is just him he can go with me to take stuff to the neighbors. Before with a low to the ground steamroller and two dogs going two different ways walks were walks and errands were errands. I couldn't juggle deliveries and dogs.

That is such a horrible thing to discover, Pam!

Probably needs to go on a local news network to shame the perpetrators. I view dog poisoners and serial-cat-killers the same as pedos. Scum without rights.

Stay safe.

Pam. I am so very very sad and sorry. I'm glad Barkley is at rest now, and am sick that he was intentionally harmed. Peace to you.

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Just talked to code compliance officer. He talked to scary neighbor Thursday or Friday and Bark was poisoned Friday. Code guy said he has no doubt neighbor did it the way he was ranting about me. Said I was fixing up my house (I am - refinanced to fix things up) and because of that I'm haughty toity I am causing him trouble.

Edited by Hubcitypam

I'm so sorry for your sudden loss or Barkley. He was fortunate to have you. I hope your other dogs remain safe given the questionable circumstances.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Pam, I am so sorry, though I know sorry is inadequate. So devastating. Barkley was adorable, have to love those terriers as much as they are pains in the asses. :) Did you keep the container and liquid? I think it's worth calling the police though it may be too traumatic, I don't know. :grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I did keep the container and the towel with the vomit full of chicken wing meat. They are in the garage giving me the creeps. DPD officer that came yesterday told me to hang on to them but didn't say why. He gave me no indication that they would take the case any further. I did post what the code guy said on Nextdoor and the community patrol officer/liaison is a member there.

Edited by Hubcitypam

:( :( :( :( :(

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I may have missed this, did you file a police report?

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Yeah, going to a TV station with this is a really really bad idea, the guy next door is volatile, that would be like putting gas on a fire.

I'm wondering about a restraining order or an order of protection. Hard to enforce when he lives next door and could also set him off. On the other hand, if he's on parole and doesn't want to go back to prison, it might help.

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Oh, Pam, I am so sorry and worried for you. I hope your law enforcement is able to do something.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow