Hubcitypam

So very sorry for the sudden loss of your little man.

What a wonderful life he had with you. Remember all those good times and smile...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So very sorry Pam for your loss of Barkley. He looks like a happy little fellow, you gave him the best 7 years of his life. Rest in peace Barkley.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

Oh rats! What rotten news.

But at least now he is chasing rats to his heart's content.

Sorry Pam.

Carol, Chancey and Nutmeg.

No it's squirrels. He'd sit under the squirrel tree for hours (including Friday when it rained all day - he looked like a drown rat when he came in )but his little legs were too short to ever catch one when they made a break for it.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Thinking of you and Pitou this morning, Pam. :brokenheart

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Thanks Ducky.

It's very quiet without the terrier vocals and presence. Pitou is so light and quiet it's almost like there's no dog here at all - unless it's food or walk time - boy does he have an internal clock.

Edited by Hubcitypam

I'm so sorry. What a horrible shock. {{{HUGS}}}

Rest in Peace Barkley. You are missed........

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Pam, I'm so sorry about Barkley. Words seem so inadequate right now. Everything he knew for the last 7 years was love and kindness and fun. You know dogs live in the present, so every day was heaven on earth for him while living with you. I know how still the quiet is after losing a terrier; they love to bark at nothing at all or anything at all. You gave Barkley a wonderful life and try to think of that and hold on to how happy he was, even when he was drenched with rain waiting for the squirrels. He was a happy little man.

Peace to you.

Pam, just checking on you and P2. Sending lots of love, hugs and scritches.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I'm so sorry Pam. Godspeed Barkley, you were so very loved.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

My neighbor just found a coffee container full of chicken bones and some gross liquid in the far back corner of my fence by the alley. Mystery solved. Has to be the people that walk down the alley and have threatened to shoot the neighbors dogs.

Oh Pam :grouphug Just unbelievable.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I guess what saved Pitou was that he was on the street so long he really doesn't like to be outside and never goes as far as the fence unless it's trash day. When it's nice like it has been Barkley would stay outside all day..and the chicken wings in gook were right by one of the squirrel trees.

Edited by Hubcitypam

I am so very, very sorry, Pam :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway