Greetings, Greytalkers

It's been so long. A few of you may remember us, from when Sweetie the greyhound lit our lives, and I apologize for taking so long to get here and let you know how Joey the greyhound has been doing. He is now lighting our lives.

This is going to be all new to me, and I apologize also for my memory problems. One too many knocks to the noggin, I feel. Haven't even had the sense to lurk a bit, get a feel of things, recall usernames. A few I recognize, but the details are a jumble. So, starting anew.

Can't recall the time frame, but the missus first joined GT long ago with the moniker 'Sweetiesmum'; I joined shortly after and ended up with the username Greystoked. Our first grey, Sweetie, had caught his tail in the closing screen door and had scraped his tail, Mum was seeking advice here. And GT became our favorite social site.

I'll have to do this in stages, no longer firing on all cylinders and also now officially an Elder with a classic case of Oldtimer's Disease complicated by CRS.

Came back (for a long time we had no serviceable computer; been living in Interesting Times) because I wanted to tell about our 2nd greyhound, Joey, (and more apologies to the Connecticut Greyhound Rescue group who helped get us together,) who is very happy to be with us. He continues in good health and has bonded to the two of us every bit as strongly as Sweetie did. There is much to tell, and many pics and vids. I still have Irfanview, but do not know if my Photobucket account is still valid or if I can figure it out. I'm sure there have been many changes. Got to learn it all, all over again!

Joey says I should do this, and I know you talkers will enjoy his antics and awwww over his very great cuteness.

Every day he makes us smile. Every day, I am astonished that greyhounds can be so loving, so sensitive, so greyt. I must beg your patience; some days, I do not operate properly. It will take me time. But Joey says he will gently encourage and support me, and he wants me to share his story of his time with us.

(Just a quick preview, as this cracks me up, Joey is the kind of hound who likes to dig a big hole, a Big Hole, then scoop the moist dirt back up over his chest and hindquarters, to keep cool in the Summer. Especially at the sandy riverbank, where he'll snooze, listening to birds and boats and wavelets gently lapping the shore. He buries himself in the sand! What a hound.) :ghplaybow

"To leave the world a somewhat better place than it was when you came into it."

Welcome back.

Photobucket is no longer a good option as they want 400 bucks a year to be able to post pictures to third party sites. Flickr or Imgur as well as some others still allow you to post photos to third party sites, they just operate a little differently than Photobucket. The basics are the same here using the image link or BBCode link they provide to you when you store your photos on their sites.

YouTube is the easiest option for Videos. Posting the YouTube link in your post will display the video within your post.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

welcome back! I remember you :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Welcome back! I remember you :)

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back! I remember both those usernames!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge