Hello All!

Guest Ladysmom

Guest Ladysmom

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum. We got a greyhound mix from another couple a little less than a month ago. We're not entirely sure what she is really.. But by the look of her and what the vet said she is Greyhound mixed with another hound type. She is two and loves to break away and run :/ but otherwise is totally calm and laid back. Her only real issue is she's insanely picky and only wants people food so we're trying to find her a good food she'll actually eat right now. Glad to join you all:)

Welcome!

It sounds like her previous owner spoiled her badly. You get to correct that.

You will need to be strong. No dog ever starved to death when there was food available, no matter how bad tasting to the dog. Find a nice dog food for her. You don't want one that is too rich nor one that is sawdust. I use Iams green bag. Find one that you can get conveniently and that isn't ridiculously expensive. Feed that to her. Put something on top to make it tasty. Warm broth works well. I happen to use canned cat food as, with 2 cats, it is handy. If I have it available I have also used grated cheese, and any kind of soup or gravy. If she is not interested, be strong. DO NOT give in and give her people food. If it isn't eaten by the next meal time, throw it out and give her fresh food. She will eventually eat it.

Of course there are people that feed raw diets and those aren't much different from people food. If you are interested, there are plenty of people here that do the raw thing.

Welcome from Germany. I am one of those raw feeding people. Just ask if you have questions. One of these nice greyhound people is always awake...

...different time zones are quite handy...

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Guest Ladysmom

Thanks for the welcome:)

As far as the raw feeding is it actually raw meat or cooked chicken, beef, etc? Perhaps she would eat then lol