Sign in to follow this  
dmdsmoxie

Watch Greyhounds React To Squawker

3 minutes later, Gracie is still looking around the house... And I had the sound almost completely off!

bella-1.jpg
KT Britta (race name), now Bella
Gotcha Day - 4/10/2010

If the campers were awake I would have been swarmed. But they are all sacked out so, nada :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees: Aiden. Bea. Punkin. Annie. Miss M. Cletus, knot like the others.

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno.Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

My two went nuts for the real squawker when I tried it some years ago,* but only 1 of the 2 paid much attention to the video sound. I hope all those hounds were able to swerve or put on brakes as they raced toward the squawker.

*The squawker now lives in the car trunk in case I have to go out looking for a hound.

Ellen, Milo, and Jeter

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, and Nutmeg

2ptxppe.jpg

All I have to do is accidentally bump mine and my crew comes running.

Judy, mom to Do Bee, Bandita, Angel and Gizmo

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey

Our Loki had the most mind-blowing response to a squawker that I've seen so far. At last year's adoption group "picnic" they held it at an indoor horse arena so that the pups could run and play in a safe, contained place. Someone had a squawker. Loki completely lost his sh#t, trying to climb over the guy to get to it. Would NOT forget about it. The guy handed it off to someone else because he got tired of being tackled, and even though they stopped making the noise, he followed it and would not leave that new person alone. They left the arena and stood behind a 4-foot fence to watch the dogs and Loki kept trying to climb and/or jump the fence to get to it. I eventually had to pull him into the office area and even then it took him a long time for forget his obsession.

Similar situation when we tried it in our back yard. Squawked it ONE time and he about tackled me trying to get it. I put it away and he stood out there for about 10 minutes all by himself, looking around the woodpile where I was when I squawked it, staring at the tree above that area, staring at the wood pile some more. Completely obsessed. We try to avoid that darned thing when he's around now, just for his mental health! LOL!

Sharon, Capri, Loki, Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Sit. Stay Safe! by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

Ken was asleep downstairs, when I played this Came running upstairs with his ears cocked, about 30 seconds later. Seemed rather disappointed to find it was only me, making the computer squawk. :haha:evil:neener

Clare with Ken (Boomtown Ken, born 01/05/2011), and remembering Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.