Using Kirkland Moist Wipes Ok On Paws?

hi, with all the salt we've been using we had to stop using the "pet safe" stuff to just regular ice melting stuff, due to the extensive cost of the pet safe (we have a big area to salt that they go in and out on every time).

I have a crapload of Kirkland Moist Flushable wipes (what at Costco CAN'T you buy a crapload of? :lol) and was wondering if I can use them to wipe their paws. I could use a paper towel or regular towel but the wipes sure would be a lot more convenient. I looked online but not really convinced either way so thought I'd ask y'all here. I read that propylene glycol can be toxic, and these DO have a fragrance, which also mentioned as not being good but...?

the ingredients are:

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Disodium Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

any ideas?

TIA!!! :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

We use CVS baby wipes with no issue. I don't see why these would be much different. Since the first ingredients is water, the other ingredients are pretty much diluted anyway.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

And as long as you don't have hardwood floors (which would be scratched by any tracked in sand), I would mix some sand into your salt. I only use ~2cups of sand on my driveway (fits 6 cars), and it gives all of the traction i need to walk it safely with the dogs (no sidewalks here).

As long as you can use it on a person you should be fine to wipe paws with it. Don't use the ones for bathrooms or kitchens though! ;) If you're worried, or your dog is really sensitive, you can rewipe them with just a paper towel and water.

Oh! And don't flush them, even though they *say* it's ok to do. Most municipal sewage systems or property spetic systems can't deal with them.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly