Gig 2018! Get Ready To Partaaayy!

jetcitywoman

Guest bubbagumpshrimp

We're arriving Thursday evening and staying through Sunday morning. We'll be staying at the Eisenhower this year. Where it's closer, We'll probably head over to do some last minute shopping early on Sunday (to make sure that we didn't miss anything), but I'm sure we'll be hitting the road by 1000 or so.

Where the Eisenhower is allowing dogs this year...that may help increase foot traffic Sunday morning (can check-out of your room and quickly/conveniently do one last pass through the vendor area), but I would think traffic will drop-off pretty significantly by noon or so on Sunday.

Edited by bubbagumpshrimp

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I am refocusing my product lines to just be safety products for dogs, so that's what I'll be bringing to Gettysburg. (No more toys.) If it's okay, I'd like to gauge interest in various things. Would you guys be interested in seeing/trying out any of these:

life jackets

car safety harnesses (dog in back seat)

hammocks for back seat in car?

un-crushable travel kennels that fit in an SUV

something else?

(I'll be adding all of those and more to my shop this year, but asking this now will help me know what to prioritize.)

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bubbagumpshrimp

Hey guys,

I am refocusing my product lines to just be safety products for dogs, so that's what I'll be bringing to Gettysburg. (No more toys.) If it's okay, I'd like to gauge interest in various things. Would you guys be interested in seeing/trying out any of these:

life jackets

something else?

(I'll be adding all of those and more to my shop this year, but asking this now will help me know what to prioritize.)

Is there such a thing as a wide (wider than a standard sedan size) back seat hammock? Think full-size truck or SUV back seat. If so...I'd like one for my truck.

The hammock that we've got, I ordered from Amazon. It gets the job done, but I'd prefer something wider.

Hey guys,

life jackets

something else?

Great idea!

I like the hammocks and harnesses.

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

Is there such a thing as a wide (wider than a standard sedan size) back seat hammock? Think full-size truck or SUV back seat. If so...I'd like one for my truck.

The hammock that we've got, I ordered from Amazon. It gets the job done, but I'd prefer something wider.

Hmm, I don't know about wider. They do make these blanket/pad things that go on the floor of the cargo area of an SUV, but I don't know how they would work along the back seat. I'll keep my eye out for wider hammocks.

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

Guest bubbagumpshrimp

Hmm, I don't know about wider. They do make these blanket/pad things that go on the floor of the cargo area of an SUV, but I don't know how they would work along the back seat. I'll keep my eye out for wider hammocks.

Yeah...I've been keeping an eye out for a wider one, but I haven't found anything. Either it doesn't exist or there isn't enough of a requirement for them that they do not appear to be a big thing. Thank you.

Would you do me a favor, and take a picture of the back seat cover you got and post it here or PM it to me? I'm having a hard time visualizing that it's not wide enough, so seeing it will help me a lot. I can't imagine you're the only one with this problem, so there has to be a wider product out there somewhere. If I have a picture maybe I can "shop" it around to some suppliers and see what they say about it.

For many years, since Nittany has managed the event, the Allstar Center has kicked out the greyhounds first thing Sunday morning. This year they were excited to be able to continue the event throughout the day on Sunday. The biggest benefit may be for day-trippers who can only come out on Sunday.

I don't often get to come to GIG because I'm usually hosting Greyhound Gathering - Kanab. But this year I'm taking a break, so I can join in the fun and not be charge!

I'll be lead off speaker on Friday at Noon. Hope people show up :). The blurb about the talk:

Why Does My Hound Do THAT???
They Sniff, Snort and Snuggle. Roo, Roost and Run. WHY?

We all know greyhounds are special, and their behaviors can cause you to hoot, head scratch and holler. During this organic Q&A session, your question gets you a free Why Does My Hound do THAT?? booklet. Other prizes given out during the talk too, depending on how fast and furious the questions fly from the fantastic audience. I was last at GIG in 2013, and we had over 100 humans and hounds hollering.

Greyhound Gang will also be offering limited supplies of really cool t-shirts and Get Up & Go supplements (just on Friday and Saturday) - for arthritis, fear of storms/fireworks, to boost immune systems, help incontinence and separation anxiety and so much more. All products can be used by humans too!

Looking forward to laughing with everyone - and petting lots of hounds.

Claudia & Greyhound Gang
100% Helps Hounds

GIG Bound!