Pinched Nerve: Recovery Time?

NHNora

Our 7 year old guy jumped off the bed last night and got a weird, drunk hind leg a few minutes later. The E-vet diagnosed a pinched nerve and gave us Rimadyl, rest and leash-walks for treatment. He has already improved in 24hrs but I hate seeing him stumble around and knock his leg into things! He still wants to do everything as he normally would, so we have the house locked down to 2 rooms for now to keep him quiet. For those of you who have dealt with this, how long did it take to get good mobility back? (Our regular vet checked in and offered muscle relaxers too if he's not feeling better by Wed, but I feel like that will make him more "drunk." lol)

"Mrs. Bass was a poor teacher, a phrase which here does not mean "a teacher who doesn't have a lot of money" but "a teacher who is obsessed with the metric system." --Lemony Snicket

"Do you want to convert from the hydrocarbon economy to the carbohydrate economy?" --Rep. Jim Oberstar

Do you you have access to a physiotherapy? They can help you with accupuncture. The problem that may occur is that due to the problems with one leg he will try to compensate and gets blockades (most likely sacroiliac).

You can also give hypericum (homeopathic remedy). It is the equivalent to arnica for all neurological problems.

If he wants to move let him. Slow and steady movement.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

We do have a new holistic vet clinic nearby! Sid is already doing better today, and was trying to jump for his treat. I think he must be having numbness instead of pain, because he just wants to run and jump like normal, which has been challenging to keep him under control.

"Mrs. Bass was a poor teacher, a phrase which here does not mean "a teacher who doesn't have a lot of money" but "a teacher who is obsessed with the metric system." --Lemony Snicket

"Do you want to convert from the hydrocarbon economy to the carbohydrate economy?" --Rep. Jim Oberstar

I've had a pinched nerve. I went to FOUR doctors. None of them could do jack squat for me. Then one evening it just went PING..... and unpinched, and the pain went away instantly. If it were me, if he continues to have trouble, I'd insist on some x-rays.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck