Sign in to follow this  
GreytTerp

Marv Gets A Brother, And Promptly Bed Fails

We had been considering a companion for Marvin for quite a while, periodically checking local rescues. While I think we'll always have a greyhound, Marv's companion didn't need to be one, just a dog that could co-exist with him. We definitely weren't thinking 'small dog'...and then yesterday, we met Max (now Bertrand, some sort of Cairn terrier mix). He and Marvin essentially ignore each other, but in an unexpected occurrence, Marvin let him snuggle on the couch last night! (Marvin was not happy when he tried to snuggle in the middle of the night...).

Marvin is a goober, and he always will be the OG with us...and he produced this photo-worthy moment about 15 minutes after we were all home:

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/24293881_10106586997002058_6687661310625546654_n.jpg?oh=d333c8ab86f1859737bd211b32d0b056&oe=5A981A11

What an adorable pair. Bed size is always inversely proportional to pet size.

Bertrand's a cutie even from the side. We look forward to seeing the new adventures of your pair of superdogs.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, Milo, and Jeter

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, and Nutmeg

"Bertrand" - what a great name, congratulations!

Toys. They definitely need more toys :nod

:lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees: Aiden. Bea. Punkin. Annie. Miss M. Cletus, knot like the others.

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno.Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Congratulations!

Looks like they've figured out who needs which bed and who will guard the toys. :lol

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13); Greys Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07), Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17)

Nice shot. Bertrand has a great pose, like a guy who's ready for whatever comes next.

(If that is a Georgia Tech shirt, I heartily approve.)

Are you sure Bertrand's knot a cat? That's a cat move if I ever saw one :lol

Jennie

gallery_13080_2897_2816.jpg

Sending warm and loving hugs to all who have ever loved and lost an animal friend
Miss Jennifer, Hooman, Miss Luna, Gimme Pig, and Misser Neville, Hedgamahog
Hedgehog Welfare Society

Nice shot. Bertrand has a great pose, like a guy who's ready for whatever comes next.

(If that is a Georgia Tech shirt, I heartily approve.)

The little dude can hike like a champ. He can also nap with the best of them, so he fits right in. Given his strong interest in all other dogs, and his complete lack of interest in Marvin, we're questioning more and more if Marvin is even a dog. More evidence that there are dogs, there are cats, and then there are greyhounds :)

It is my old GT hoodie. Spent 5 1/2 years of graduate school being a helluva engineer!

Oh my goodness, just saw the picture you posted on your hike and I swear you must live very close to where my mom grew up and where my cousin now lives. I swear that's the same view I've seen when we've climbed a mesa (is there more than one in Golden? I don't even know and I grew up in CO!) by their house.

Lovely picture and awesome dogs. Congratulations on Bertrand :)

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Oh my goodness, just saw the picture you posted on your hike and I swear you must live very close to where my mom grew up and where my cousin now lives. I swear that's the same view I've seen when we've climbed a mesa (is there more than one in Golden? I don't even know and I grew up in CO!) by their house.

Lovely picture and awesome dogs. Congratulations on Bertrand :)

In Golden, there are two: North Table Mountain and South Table Mountain. We live on the I-70 side of South Table Mountain, all the way up the hill :) It's the side that points toward Denver off in the distance, not the little downtown of Golden and Colorado School of Mines.

Thanks!

Cool! The house I'm talking about is on Rogers Street. I looked it up on Google maps and I'm thinking it must be somewhat close to your area. I really enjoyed seeing that picture - it reminded me of home (or at least where I spent a lot of time visiting!). Thanks for sharing it! :)

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

:lol

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown