Hi From Australia

Guest LuluNami

Guest LuluNami

Hello everyone,

I've been reading these boards for a few weeks and as we are welcoming 2 retired racers into our family this weekend, I thought I'd register and introduce myself as I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions!

We've owned dogs before but this will be our first experience with greys. They (Nami and Lulu) are both 3yo females and are a bonded pair. I'm so thankful that there's a resource such as this to help us through this next chapter of our lives!

~ Jackie

Welcome from the UK.

There's virtually everything you need to know on this site, so just ask and someone is sure to have been there before.

First thing to do though is to put masking tape X's on all dog height windows and glass doors (they can reach 5ft) until they have learned they are solid. 75lbs of greyhound at zoomie speed is not compatible with colliding with glass. Second thing to do is make sure there is nothing sharp things sticking out at dog height in your yard. Third thing: macadamia nuts, chocolates, grapes and anything with the Xylitol sweetener must not be left where dogs can reach.

Congrats on the additions to your family.

Welcome from Germany. What a wonderful idea to adopt not only 1 but 2 pups. Congrats.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

:welcome Greetings from Miami, FL!

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Welcome from Canada!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest LuluNami

(Whoops, accidentally posted this in the techinical section and of course I can't figure out how to delete it.)

Here is a photo of Lulu on the left and Nami on the right from their adoption profile. Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

37493215522_b93d58944e.jpgScreen Shot 2017-10-06 at 1.41.30 pm by hsfamily_jackie, on Flickr

Edited by LuluNami

Oh, those girls are BEAUTIFUL. Congreytulations!

What fun it is watching as they start learning how to be a pet. Relax and enjoy them.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter