Please Welcome Our Newest Member To Our Family Deacon!

Guest NSGREY

Please welcome our newest member to our crazy family!

Mr Deacon (CTW DEACON) who's a 4 year old firecracker and the tallest of the 3 greyhounds we have been blessed with OO...he can look out my front window without climbing up! He's a bounceback but is very sweet and loves the ladies! I mean REALLY loves the ladies so he probably thinks he's died and gone to heaven because he has 4 girlies to love on in our house. Poor hubby has once again ranked low on the totem pole with his one male compadre but Deacon loves on him sometimes too, after all hubby feeds him too!

Y4XCiPqm.jpg

That is one handsome dude! (Don't look, Lexie)

Congratulations!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Thank you for the welcome for Deacon! I will try and post some more pictures of him for you tomorrow once I figure out how to get them into the photo sharing site from my phone.

I'm a sucker for the big fawn boys. He's gorgeous. Congratulations!

gallery_17468_3098_7486.jpg
Dash (Mega Batboy), & forever missing Kipper (RD's Kiper, 2006-2015) & Souldog Dune (Pazzo Otis, 1994-2008)
"..cherish him and give him place with yourself for the rest of his but too short life. It is his one drawback. He should live as long as his owner."
James Matheson, The Greyhound: Breeding, Coursing, Racing, etc., 1929

I thought he had some Gable Dodge in him, he has the face! Johnny is also tall and a lover. Gotta get my pics back up so you can see.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Welcome home handsome Deacon - sounds like you've found yourself just the right place!

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest EmmettsMom

Welcome home Deacon!! :ghplaybow

I thought he had some Gable Dodge in him, he has the face! Johnny is also tall and a lover. Gotta get my pics back up so you can see.

My Emmett (racing name JNs Steelers) is sired from Gable Dodge (although he looks almost nothing like him)... We just adopted him and I was trying to look into his pedigree...from what I can tell Gable Dodge passed away almost 10 years ago, but Emmett was born in 2014. Is it common in greyhound breeding to continue the lineage after a sire has passed?

IMG_2482.png

Edited by EmmettsMom

Yes, unlike horse racing, artificial insemination is allowed. Since Gable Dodge was such a great racer, and has produced great offspring (my boy included :D ), they keep using him.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Guest EmmettsMom

Yes, unlike horse racing, artificial insemination is allowed. Since Gable Dodge was such a great racer, and has produced great offspring (my boy included :D ), they keep using him.

Wow! I saw on GD that Gable Dodge has sired over 11,000 pups but I thought that had to be a typo.....guess not. Emmett was not a great runner, but lucky for me because they retired him just a few days after his 3rd birthday. :beatheart:rofl

Welcome Deacon

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest NSGREY

Thank you! He's showing us a bit more of his personality but he's still a mama's boy :hehe and he is currently competing with Adora over the new Slumberball. I do not know what I was thinking when I ordered only one...lol! I'm in contact with the adopter of one of his brothers so that has been nice to see his brother and he hear some of his traits in comparison to Deacon.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a Gable Dodge descendant or I'm a purple people eater. He looks just like our first greyhound Argus.

Sounds like you're going to be having a second Slumberball joining the family as well? :P

Congrats, Deacon is gorgeous!

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Welcome Deacon. What a stunning boy. The ladies in your home must be delighted.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).