Chewy No Longer Selling Fromm's

Well I have one dog that I have to feed kibble because he doesn't do well on raw (Gilly Boy) and Fromms always worked great. Now they have decided to STOP letting CHEWY sell their product so the heck with them. I was thinking about changing anyway because I found out most of their products contained too many contaminants as revealed in the recent analytical report from http://www.cleanlabelproject.org/

(You can search to see the results for individual foods.) Seems like most of the Fromm higher end products were not good and their fish products were downright bad. This was the same analytical report that revealed Orijen to be so contaminated with lead etc.

Here is what I posted on their FB page and there were already 2 other similar complaints there but don't know if they are taking them down or not. Its a shame so few companies these days appreciate their customers.

"Just found out that you don't want to sell me any more of your product since you dropped my supplier Chewy. OK fine. If that is the way you treat your loyal customers of many years who have bought LOTS of your highest end products then I am glad our relationship has now ended. You are not the only fish in the sea-there IS other quality food available whose manufacturers perhaps value their customers a little more."

Acana and Orijen have pulled out too now that the Petsmart acquisition of Chewy is complete. Fromm responded to one of the first posts (there are many, many complaints now) acknowledging that this is the reason: Our 5th generation family-owned and operated company is committed to independent, pet specialty stores. As you know, Chewy was acquired by PetSmart and as a result of this acquisition, Fromm products will not be sold via the Chewy website.

Sounds like you are done with them (and I do understand your frustration), but if anyone else needs an online supplier, people on Facebook are recommending PetFlow.com.
Edited by ramonaghan

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Acana and Orijen have pulled out too now that the Petsmart acquisition of Chewy is complete. Fromm responded to one of the first posts (there are many, many complaints now) acknowledging that this is the reason: Our 5th generation family-owned and operated company is committed to independent, pet specialty stores. As you know, Chewy was acquired by PetSmart and as a result of this acquisition, Fromm products will not be sold via the Chewy website.

Sounds like you are done with them (and I do understand your frustration), but if anyone else needs an online supplier, people on Facebook are recommending PetFlow.com.

THANKS! That explains it. I honestly figured Chewy would "go to h-" once Petsmart took the reins;looks like it is happening right before our eyes. Thanks for the tip about PetFlow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Onward!

THANKS! That explains it. I honestly figured Chewy would "go to h-" once Petsmart took the reins;looks like it is happening right before our eyes. Thanks for the tip about PetFlow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Onward!

Just learned Fromm is now selling directly online, and looks like they're matching Chewy's prices: https://www.gofromm.com/

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly

Guest bayhound

I can 100% understand why the makers of Fromm and Orijen pulled out when Chewy was bought by PetSmart. No matter what they say regarding how things will stay the same with Chewy, I just can't believe or trust that. Just like I unfortunately no longer fully trust buying Zukes treats or anything by Merrick when Purina bought both of them out. So few companies are remaining small and trustworthy, and larger ones don't seem to care about quality anymore. It's disheartening.

But now with these new tests and articles coming out about high amounts of lead and other chemicals in some of the brands I thought I could trust... augh. And here I thought I'd researched enough and knew a thing or two about pet nutrition. Raw, dehydrated, and freeze-dried options are becoming more and more appealing. :/

Ramonaghan, where did you read that Orijen and Acana were no longer being carried by Chewy? When I checked earlier today both were still available.

I am on the fence about dealing with Chewy. On the one hand I detest Petsmart, after their groomers nearly killed Chase. That has kept out of their stores. On the other hand I hate to punish the employees of Chewy who have always shown great customer support and have no say in the matter of the take-over by Petsmart.

Ramonaghan, where did you read that Orijen and Acana were no longer being carried by Chewy? When I checked earlier today both were still available.

I am on the fence about dealing with Chewy. On the one hand I detest Petsmart, after their groomers nearly killed Chase. That has kept out of their stores. On the other hand I hate to punish the employees of Chewy who have always shown great customer support and have no say in the matter of the take-over by Petsmart.

I saw it this morning on Fromm's Facebook page in a customer comment (it was a screenshot of a letter so I felt confident it was legit). And since then Fromm, Acana, and Orijen have all made statements on their Facebook pages confirming the news. Chewy will sell what they currently have in stock and then those brands will no longer be available.

Edited by ramonaghan

I saw it this morning on Fromm's Facebook page in a customer comment (it was a screenshot of a letter so I felt confident it was legit). And since then Fromm, Acana, and Orijen have all made statements on their Facebook pages confirming the news. Chewy will sell what they currently have in stock and then those brands will no longer be available.

Yes, that makes sense. Edited to add thanks for the links. Edited by 4My2Greys

Just like I unfortunately no longer fully trust buying Zukes treats or anything by Merrick when Purina bought both of them out. So few companies are remaining small and trustworthy, and larger ones don't seem to care about quality anymore. It's disheartening.

Not to hijack, but if you ever thought Merrick was small and trustworthy you don't know a fraction about them.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Yes, that makes sense. Edited to add thanks for the links.

Here's another one they have stopped carrying. They made organic kibble. Copied this off Chewy's site.

We're sorry, Natural Planet is no longer available.

Our friendly pet experts are here 24/7 at 1-800-672-4399 to help you find your pet's new favorite brand.

logo-natural-planet.png

Guest bayhound

Not to hijack, but if you ever thought Merrick was small and trustworthy you don't know a fraction about them.

Consider that bad wording/a terrible follow-up on my end. :flip That was mostly aimed towards Purina taking Zukes, and I figured I'd throw Merrick in there as well. While I wasn't ever 100% sold on Merrick to begin with, to me, they're a much lesser evil than Purina. When they were bought out, it made it that much easier to turn away.

Huh. Glad I saw this - I order Fromm's from Chewy's. I just got two bags, so I'm set for a while, but this would have been a problem if I had been running out!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Dang. I've been boycotting Petsmart for years and years. I JUST started using Chewy. Well, maybe it's time I let go of my one sided feud?

Amazon.com sells Fromm, FYI.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Amazon.com sells Fromm, FYI.

Yeah, but it's all third-party sellers and the markup is outrageous. $81 for a 33 lb bag of food that's $46 on gofromm.com. I pay a little extra because I buy it at a local store, but not that much extra!